We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuban end advice

Perth
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Tuban end advice

Hi

Am off to Bali in a few weeks and have only ever stayed in Sanur. This time I am staying a week at Santika beach resort before a week in Sanur.

I have no idea what is around that area with regard to eating. If anyone can recommend some places and the location from the Santika it would be appreciated. Don't mind a bit of a walk so doesn't need to be super close. Don't want to just eat out in hotel restuarants, but I'm a little paraniod about getting sick so the beach type warungs scare me. I have looked and read lots of forums but as there are so many and I have no idea of locations it is a bit hard.

Would welcome any favourites you may have.

Thanks

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
6,955 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tuban end advice

Batan Waru next to Discovery Mall is good and cheap. Beras Merah is opposite Disco Mall and have had many good meals there. The Boardwalk at Bali Garden Resort is great, Envy at Holiday Inn good and not badly priced for a hotel of it's type. Cafe De Bali in the same street as Holiday Inn well priced and quite good, Garis Garis and Mozzerella are close by as well.

Pinjarra, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tuban end advice

Hi Westaus

We stay regularly at the Febri's which is across the road from Santika. Plenty of good Restaurants around depending on your tastebuds.

Here are a few that we have been to recently;

Kafe Batan Waru - Opposite Waterbom Park, maybe 10 mins walk

Queens of India - outside Dynasty, less than 2 mins walk

Garis Garis - Turn right out of Santika, less than 2 mins walk

Restaurant in Adhi Jaya (not sure what it is called) - do an awesome 1m long Satay Grill!

We also eat quite a bit at Febri's, but also walk into Legian and beyond along the beach to not limit ourselves.

Hope this helps and have a great trip!

Australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tuban end advice

We ate at Boardwalk a few times when in Bali...loved the food and location ! Heading back in october and plan on going back there and trying out a few new ones :)

Canggu, Indonesia
Level Contributor
284 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tuban end advice

Tuban is such a populated area. There are so many Warungs and Restaurants to choose from. My favourite would be Queens of India but not sure if you are after Indian food in Indonesia! The streets are lined with dining options.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Tuban end advice

Hi,

From Santika Entrance, turn left along Kartika Plaza street and you will find these restaurants:

# Kunyit Restaurant, tripadvisor.com.sg/Restaurant_Review-g297697…

#Queen's of India, next to Bali Dynasty

tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g297697…

#The Febris restaurant, across Bali Dynasty.

#Green Garden Restaurant (left side)

I hope this helps a bit.

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
6,955 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tuban end advice

ToniGraemeAbbi, the restaurant in Adhi Jaya with the metre of satay is Beras Merah.

We customize the metre of satay as we are not seafood eaters and change the side dishes for a large serve of nasi goreng, it feeds 3 of us and it is awesome.

tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g294226…

Kuta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
552 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tuban end advice

Try the resturant at Kuta Station ate there 3 times in January good choice for asian and western tastes.

Perth
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tuban end advice

Wow, thanks for the very quick replies.

Dilemma!!! Please point me in the right direction. All I know of the Santika is that it is on the beach and runs through (I think) to a road at the back. If I exit on the beach side and turn right I think this way takes me toward the Discovery mall.

If I am looking for any of these places which way do I head ????

Thanks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
193 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tuban end advice

You should try Envy at The Holiday Inn. When you exit the Santika on the beach side, go left and walk along the beach path and you will reach Envy.

Boardwalk is just passed the Discovery Mall. So if you are exiting Discovery Mall on the beach side, turn right and walk along the beach path and you will get there in a few minutes.

Hope this helps you.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
545 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tuban end advice

If you go out on Kartika road side(not beach side) then there are heaps of restaurants. All the ones previously mentioned plus I like a new one called Bamboo. Great little bar for lunch. Also Febri's is the best spa so if that's your thing make sure you go there, although you will have to book. The Indian restaurant outside the Dynasty hotel has the best sizzling chocolate brownies & icecream. If you don't like Indian then just go for desert!