We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

60 day visa confusion.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Topic
60 day visa confusion.

hey,

i have filled out my 60 day visa but i left some things blank because it was too confusing as to what i needed to type in.

just need some advice where it says transit purpose? do i just go down to where it says visit purpose and leave the rest blank?

occupation/postion i just ticked student but under that it says name of company, address etc.

and then sponsorship which i have no idea what to put down.

is what ive said ok to leave blank?

and theres a few other concerns that i was reading on ta about the visa.

that its only able to be used with in the 90 days of issuing. ( im going in october for 8 weeks and i rather do it now why i have time on my hands)

also that you need to provide employment documents? bank documents are fine but im getting paid cash in hand. seasonal work. (that thread i looked at had no replys so maybe it wasnt true)

and do i just send a passport photo attached to the app aswell as bank documents or is that not needed?

any help i would be awsome, thankyou :)

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 60 day visa confusion.

we are a retired couple and got a 60 day visa for last October/November without any problems. I can't remember the form in detail, but know I didn't fill in much. You should tick the "single visit" box. the next box you tick is "tourism"

1. you must enter indonesia within 90 days of the issue of the visa, so for October you should not get it now as it will be expired when you go.

2. leave the employment details blank, also the sponsor details

3. I sent a copy of our Visa statement but thats all, I did not supply any other income/bank statements - I suspect they really didn't need the visa statement either.

4. you do need to send a passport photo along with the form, money, reply envelope and passport.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 60 day visa confusion.

The form for the 60 day visa is confusing. You are not applying for transit visa, yours is purely a tourist single entry visa.

You DO NOT need to provide bank, employment or sponsorship details if you are applying through the Sydney Consulate.

All you need to send is your passport, passport photos, the money, your form and a copy of your itinerary/flight tickets, along with a stamped self-addressed return envelope.

You cannot travel on a 60 day visa if the visa has expired (ie. you did not travel within 90 days of the date of the visa). So DO NOT apply for it too early or you won't be allowed to even board the flight to Indonesia.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 60 day visa confusion.

thankyou for your reply, you guys have been a big help and i almost made a big mistake thankyou!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 60 day visa confusion.

i did this last year and i had to send in the bank statements. I also left most of the form blank. Make sure you send a registered return envelope/satchel. I rang the Syd. office and the lady said i had to include the bank statement. I did one only. The whole thing took 2 weeks.

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 60 day visa confusion.

Sponsorship is not required for an Index B-211 Toursit visit Visa.

However sponsorship is required for the Index B-211 SOSBUD (Social) visit Visa.

If you are applying for the Tourism Visa just tick the box for tourism purposes and leave the Sponsorship details blank.

If you are not applying for a Transit visa then leave the details pertaining to Transit untouched.

If the Consulate asks for documentation then you should provide it.

Some Consulates and embassies ask for things like bank statements and employment details, others don't.

The bank details are outlined (provide a copy of your credit card) as provision of evidence indicating a capacity of financial support for the duration of the visit is a formal requirement of that visa type.

KBRI Canberra do not ask for employment details and a credit card (photocopy it) is stated as sufficient to fulfill financial sufficiency requirements: see www.kbri-canberra.org.au/visa/type_tour.html for full details.

Maximum length of stay in Indonesia is 60 days. Requests for Tourist Visas are submitted to the Indonesian Embassy in Canberra by filling out the appropriate forms (1 copy for each person) and enclosing:

-Passport still valid at least 6 months from the date of entry.

Non-passport documents (such as Travel Documents, Certificate of Identity, and Certificate of Registration etc.) will not be accepted.

-One recent color Passport photograph.

-For children applicants (under 18 years of age):

~a copy of birth certificate

~a statement letter signed by parents or guardian and copy of parents’ or guardians’ ID, if one or both of them are not traveling together with the children.

-Proof of permanent residence and/or valid Australian visa for non-Australian Citizen.

~Please be advised that applicant with no proof of valid Visa may be suggested to obtain Indonesian visa from country of origin/country of residency.

-Proof of a ticket in and out Indonesia, or a ticket to continue travel to another country.

-Evidence of sufficient funds to stay in Indonesia (e.g. recent Bank Statements or Credit Card).

-Visa Fee Aus $ 60.00 is non-refundable and may be paid only by Money Order, Company Cheque or Bank ~Cheque (personal cheque and cash are not accepted) payable to Indonesian Embassy.

-Visa is valid if presented within 90 days from the date of issuance.

-------------

KJRI Consulate Sydney have previosly ask for employment details for a Tourism visit.

They did not do this in the past, then they started asking for it, then they stopped doing that; see http://kjri-sydney.org.au/node/585 for full current details.

A credit card (photocopy it) is stated as sufficient to fulfill financial sufficiency requirements:

Maximum length of stay in Indonesia is 60 days and not extendable. Requests for Tourist Visas are submitted to the Indonesian Consulate General in Sydney by filling out the appropriate forms (1 copy for each person) and enclosing:

-Passport still valid at least 6 months from the date of entry. Non-passport documents (such as Travel ~Documents, Certificate of Identity, and Certificate of Registration, Emergency Travel Document, etc.) will not be accepted.

-One recent color Passport photograph.

-For minor applicants, a statement letter from parents or guardian and copy of parents’ or guardians’ ID

-Proof of permanent residence for non-Australian Citizen.

~Please be advised that applicant with no proof of PR Visa would be suggested to obtain Indonesian visa from country of origin/country of residency.

-Proof of a ticket in and out Indonesia, or a ticket to continue travel to another country.

-Evidence of sufficient funds to maintain himself/herself during his/her stay in Indonesia (e.g. recent Bank Statements or Credit Card).

Please pay careful attention to the payment and postage requirements on the two respective pages.

KJRI has consular jurisdiction for South Australia and Queensland.

Here is a link kjri-sydney.org.au/image/…20Form.doc to the 'active' fields form for KJRI Sydney, you can open that up, then fill it in on your computer, then print it.

Tick / select the boxes: Type of visit : "Single Visit' and Purpose of visit : "Tourism"

If instead using the pdf file from kjri-sydney.org.au/image/VISA%20FORM.pdf and writing it in by hand then in section 1 you will see a box after the words PERMOHONAN- Application* Write the number < 2 > in the box (that defines a single-trip visit visa)

If applying for the B-211 Tourism visa the Sponsorship details, and the Sponsor letter and guarantee undertakings are most certainly NOT required.

Edited: 11 April 2013, 09:49
6. Re: 60 day visa confusion.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2014, 06:18