We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali Blog and trip report

Byron Bay, Australia
Level Contributor
368 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
Bali Blog and trip report

I've been writing a travel blog for a while but have never thought to share it on tripadvisor although I use TA all the time and love reading the trip reports other trippers do. I along with my hubby, parents and son & D.I.L have just left Bali after a magical two+ week holiday and I thought I might share our experiences. So if your interested feel free to read, smile, or even shake your head and say 'what a dag!', but most of all I hope it inspires you to explore some hidden gems of beautiful Bali.

kerrytolsontravels.blogspot.com.au/search…

Because my blog opens at the most recent post issued, you'll need to click into April (4) and begin at "Quick pass me the Bintang". Oh and a warning - there's no hot shopping spots or tips in my blog....but lots of temples and "oops did we do that" moments

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,694 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali Blog and trip report

Kezza what a brilliant blog.Your photos are amazing.

You certainly moved around and saw some amazing sights along with a great family holiday.

Thanks for taking me on a little Bali adventure.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,301 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali Blog and trip report

Good job. Fun reading.

So what time did you go to Tanah lot?

I thought you had to go at sunset to be able to get across there.

Love to go at a quieter time like you guys.

Perth Western...
Level Contributor
879 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali Blog and trip report

One word... WOW... Thank you sooo much for sharing

Hepburn Springs...
Level Contributor
728 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali Blog and trip report

Must congratulate you . Your writing is wonderfully expressive and inciteful. Your photos exquisite, I believe you are providing the reader with a slice of Bali that many never see , nor want to.

So much emphasis on 2 drinks for 1 and cheap nasty clothing products and trinkets , dominate so many forums.

I thoroughly enjoy your work and look forward to more

Thank you

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
6,146 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali Blog and trip report

thanks Kezza, your blog outlines the kind of Bali holidays that we do, and always enjoy so much. I really enjoyed reading about your adventures and am even more excited about our upcoming trip.

Next time you're in Ubud, re-visit the Sasih temple, we spent a good 3 hours there a couple of years back, one of the temple attendants took us around and explained the different areas and some of altars etc are absolutely stunning with intricate carvings and gold paint. Each depicts a different story - so very interesting.

Perth, WA
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
4,785 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bali Blog and trip report

You have a wonderful way with words - I enjoyed every one. Thank you.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
176 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bali Blog and trip report

Great stuff Kez.........

Takes me back to 90's when our (wife and me) world was full off back packing adventures, relying on

the travel bible that the LP was.

Nowadays, wife-2 kids-mortgage-one and a bit wage, keeps a lid on any big adventues, but still like to get away as often as possible to places like Bali ans SEA.

Cheers

S

Byron Bay, Australia
Level Contributor
368 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bali Blog and trip report

Awww thank you everyone, I love boring anyone who'll listen about my trips - I remember before I had my own passport (many years ago), I'd be the one begging to see everyone's travel slides/pics and drilling them to tell me everything whilst others were snoring their head off on the lounge (remember the dreaded 'our trip slide nights')

BaliBern - on that day we went just prior to lunch time (Tanah Lot), best to find out when it's low tide then you should have no prob getting over to the island. I'm so glad we didn't go at sunset, when we were heading back there were a few big touring coaches heading that way - enormous buses, don't know how they got through the narrow bridges.

Cbimages: thanks for the tip on Sasih temple - It's on my list!

Thanks everyone again, glad you enjoyed. Cheers.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
613 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bali Blog and trip report

What a great read, thank you so much for sharing :-)

perth wa
Level Contributor
246 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bali Blog and trip report

Enjoyed reading your well written bloggs-thankyou so much for sharing. Enjoyed rediscovering Guning Kawi and many of our other favoutite places through your writing. Must return to some of them on our next trip:)