We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BYO snorkeling gear?

Perth
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
BYO snorkeling gear?

We're going to be staying in Pemuteran for a week and plan on doing a bit of snorkeling. I know that we will easily be able to hire adult gear but was just wondering if you can hire/buy kids gear there or would we be better off bringing our own? My kids are 5 and 7 so are definitely too small to use adult size.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,675 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BYO snorkeling gear?

No idea if you can hire kids gear but I always take my own stuff. If you are space poor I would contact where you are staying and ask them just to make sure.

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,534 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BYO snorkeling gear?

Hi countycreature, I have never seen children's snorkeling gear for hire in Pemuteran. We always use our own gear as it is more comfortable, fits properly and has'nt been in anyone elses' mouth. As you are staying in Pemuteran, expect the kids to be in and out of the water snorkeling all day. You will probably be snorkeling off the beach in front of your accommodation.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BYO snorkeling gear?

as above, I take my own gear and gear for my kids when they were with us. you can get snorkelling gear at the Carrefour in kuta.

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
6,498 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BYO snorkeling gear?

We took our own mask and snorkel, and they were so good someone liked them a lot more and took them whilst I had them drying out on our balcony! Didn't take flippers cos of space.

Perth
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BYO snorkeling gear?

Thanks for the feedback. I'll take gear for the kids and probably hire for us as we won't have room for the lot.

How cheeky Greg, I hope you left some good germs on them, or maybe some residual morning breath on the mouth piece!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
481 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: BYO snorkeling gear?

our 9yr old snorkelling with us we take his gear as well never seen any for smaller children....we buy some mid range gear for him and at the end of our trip he gives it to one of the children at the beach...our way of saying thank you and my son loves it...happy holiday

Perth
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BYO snorkeling gear?

Great idea Bazza, also frees up a bit of space in the suitcase. Win win!

8. Re: BYO snorkeling gear?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2014, 05:15