We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Availability of UV-protective swimwear

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
70 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Availability of UV-protective swimwear

My family is very very white and unused to the sun. My kids already have UV swim outfits but my husband and I don't. We plan to do a decent amount of snorkeling in Bali. Will we need to buy long sleeved swimming shirts and trousers before we go to Bali or is that something that's readily available for purchase locally at reasonable prices? Thank you.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
70 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Availability of UV-protective swimwear

Also, things like children's thin lifejackets for use as a flotation aid during snorkeling for kids who can't swim very well?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Availability of UV-protective swimwear

Hi Mckmac

I would suggest going to a large store called Carrefour to look for childrens swim flotations at in Bali. Its about 15-20 mins from Kuta. It is very well known so any decent taxi driver should be able to get you there easily.

I have never seen any UV swim gear in Bali, but to be honest have never actually looked for it! There are lots of surf shops over there eg Billabong, Quicksilver, Roxy that sell swim suits but whether or not they stock UV swim suits I couldnt tell you. Also these shops are very expensive compared to rest of shopping in Bali. I would recommend buying your swim trousers and shirts at home just to be on the safe side!

Have a great holiday and enjoy Bali!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
771 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Availability of UV-protective swimwear

I doubt very much that you can buy uv protective swimwear in Bali but maybe google some online swim wear shops in Australia something like Aussie swim store have what you want and probably offer international delivery. Good luck

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
70 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Availability of UV-protective swimwear

Okay, thanks a lot! I didn't want to go searching high and low at home (where it's usually cold and raining) if it was on every street corner there. I'm kind of surprised that it's not pretty easy to find there. After all, it's very popular with white westerners and their little white beach-loving children. Anyway, thanks!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
771 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Availability of UV-protective swimwear

We have wardrobes full of this sort of clothing as we fortunately have 9 months of beach weather. Just like I'm sure you have more than one jacket or coat, I only have the need for one jacket, you have no need for swimwear. Being sunburnt on holiday is not fun and can be dangerous especially for children I. E dehydration. So make sure you are fully covered or just go swimming at dawn or dusk. Happy planning

6. Re: Availability of UV-protective swimwear

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2014, 06:18