We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

land 7.20am singapore fly 9.35am onto bali

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
land 7.20am singapore fly 9.35am onto bali

Do you think this is going to be a rush to get to the terminal in time, by the time Im off the plane will be near enough 8am & that will leave me 1 1/2 hour to change terminal and get to gate? that should be fine right.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,004 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: land 7.20am singapore fly 9.35am onto bali

Hi,

It all depends who you are flying with and most importantly if you're flying on a single tickets (bags go to Bali direct). If so 1 1/2 hours in Changi is more than enough.

When flying Singapore Airlines I usually have 65 minutes between flights and it's enough.

Changi is a great airport, easy to navigate.

Exit the plane, get to the train if you have to change terminal and walk to your gate. That's 30 minutes max.

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: land 7.20am singapore fly 9.35am onto bali

thanks for your reply sounds like I will be fine. I booked it from Uk to Bali & they said there was a stop off at Singapore, so Im guessing my bags will go onto the bali flight direct. So plenty of time. I hope!...as long as I don't get lost!!

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,004 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: land 7.20am singapore fly 9.35am onto bali

Any idea which airline and also if it's the same one for both legs ?

it does change a lot of things..

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: land 7.20am singapore fly 9.35am onto bali

no same airline, what would it change?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,004 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: land 7.20am singapore fly 9.35am onto bali

It depends if your bags are checked thru to Bali, most likely they will be.

Is it BA + Singapore Airlines ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: land 7.20am singapore fly 9.35am onto bali

sa

7. Re: land 7.20am singapore fly 9.35am onto bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 05 June 2013, 00:31
London, United...
Level Contributor
546 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: land 7.20am singapore fly 9.35am onto bali

We did the same flight when we went. We got delayed at Heathrow while all planes were grounded for a while for 11am on Armistice Day.

So we ended up taking off over 1hr late. So when we landed and finally managed to get to the stand in Singapore it was gone 8.15am.

We still had enough time for us to 1. Change Terminals, 2. For me to buy a t-shirt (I spilled juice on my shirt during the flight) 3. Have a change of clothes(packed shorts in the carry on bag) and 4. Have a bite to eat at Burger King( I do not like airplane food). We still managed to get to our connecting flight and not be the last on the flight.

It is a long trip. Conserve your energy and try and get some sleep on the flight. I would say, if you can, to take a change of clothes as when you leave the airport in Bali it will be like stepping into an oven.

It was a full 24+hrs for us of travelling by the time we got into our room. Try and stay up as long as possible to help with jetlag.

Have fun and enjoy.

B.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,323 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: land 7.20am singapore fly 9.35am onto bali

Hi Kate - I've done this flight many times and the time between flights should be ample. You'll land in T3, head for the sky train and get to T2; the train is a little monorail, is free, and runs every 5 mins. Your luggage should be checked through, so no need to head to the gate until about 30 mins before the Bali flight. Plenty of time for a strong coffee and a free foot massage from one of the massage machines. If you want to freshen up, head upstairs in the terminal to the transit hotel and you can pay for a shower - cost about £5 (they provide the soap and towel). If doing this, consider taking some fresh clothes in your hand luggage.

While Changi is big, it's easy to get around and well sign-posted. There are maps and staff everywhere to help you. On the flight, they'll even display your departure gate on your seat back TV towards the end of your flight.

You'll be fine.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: land 7.20am singapore fly 9.35am onto bali

The crunch matter here is this :

If you are on the one ticket - the airline is responsible to get you there - the airlines have what they call a MCT (minimum connection time) and they will not ticket if this is not met.

The other issue is if you are perhaps flying in on a major carrier then connecting to a low cost - so say Singapore Airlines UK to Singapore - then Air Asia or Lion Singapore Bali - you would need to clear immigration, pick up your luggage - re check in - outbound immigration etc.

But you are on Singapore all the way - none of this will be an issue for you