We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking travel from Bali to Lombok and back in October

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
81 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Booking travel from Bali to Lombok and back in October

Hi there

I'm hoping you can help me with a few questions about our trip to Bali and Lombok in October.

We are spending 4 nights in Ubud, 3 nights Gili T, 3 nights Senggigi and then back to Seminyak for our final 4 nights.

My question is in relation to the fast boats and flights to and from Lombok. At the moment, we are planning to take the Gili Cat from Padang Bai to Gili T, take the public boat from Gili T to Lombok and then (depending on how our first experience with the fast boat went!) either return to Bali by fast boat or fly. I understand that the end of October is the start of the rainy season and that the seas may be rough. Is it advisable to wait to book the fast boats and or alternative flights until we are in Bali and can see what the weather is doing? If we do so is it likely that seats on the reliable (read: safe!) boats and / or airlines will be taken already, or is there usually availability a day or so beforehand? I know this question involves a certain amount of speculation on your part, but I am happy just to hear of your experiences or opinions.

Thank you for your help :)

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking travel from Bali to Lombok and back in October

when I go to Lombok, it is usually the day before that I decide to fly back to bali. there are a number of airlines to choose from and they have daily flights. you can get the ticket from any travel agent in sengiggi/ gili T or if you go online you can buy domestic tickets with garuda as they accept VISA card. they have a flight at about 6pm and it takes about 20 minutes.

personally, from sengiggi I would do the plane. if you decide that, you can even book your ticket with garuda from NZ

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
81 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking travel from Bali to Lombok and back in October

Thank you Rockterrigal! And thank you for your other posts as well - Your posts and blogs have helped us with our planning :) countdown is on!

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking travel from Bali to Lombok and back in October

I like that. nothing better than a tangible countdown... mine is 51 days to go. have a great trip

4. Re: Booking travel from Bali to Lombok and back in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 05:16