We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help needed flights accomodtion

victoria
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Topic
help needed flights accomodtion

Hi There my partner i would love to go to bali to celebrate my 60th we have never been before and are pensioners we would loke to leave on the 2oth July for 7 nights staying in semiyiak

or legian i have searched the net and cannot find anything in ouir budget of 1,600 for both of us

we live in melbourne and would prefer direct flights not via darwin or perth. Would it be cheaper to travel in October ??? is that thier rainy season ???/ any suggestions greatly appreciated

Marie

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,514 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help needed flights accomodtion

Hi Mary,

Was that $1600 for flights AND accomodation? If so, you might want to look into a villa on airbnb. They have villas starting from $100 a night, which means you can have around $900 left for flights.

I have been in October before and if it was the rainy season, I didn't find it wet at all (it didn't rain the once we were there and we were there for 10 days).

I'm sorry I can't help with the flights (I'm from Perth and just today booked our flights ($800 return, ouch!). I think we both just missed out on the sales :(

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
6,190 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help needed flights accomodtion

You have nothing to lose by going to a travel agent. In many cases they have access to better deals for accommodation than anyone. They have stay 7 pay 5 in many cases. It is worth a shot.

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,719 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help needed flights accomodtion

Hi Marie!

google australian school holidays as each State varies! July/August are peak times, not only because of Australian School holidays, but also it is "peak" season in relation to weather, being considered the driest months of the year.

We have been in September, October to early November and have not found the weather to be unpleasant or raining all the time! It is actually a nice time to visit, imho, as it is not very humid or hot! If there is some rain, often it is in the form of a specatacular thunder and lightening show after sunset or very short lived if in daylight hours!

Travelling outside of any special occasions/school holidays is always less expensive.

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
7,671 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help needed flights accomodtion

Flight Centre advertised flights from Melbourne to Bali for $460 rtn in yesterdays newspaper, not sure of travel dates though. You won't get much cheaper than that.

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne
Melbourne
Victoria, Australia
victoria
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: help needed flights accomodtion

thank you so much for your help

Kind Regards

Marie

6. Re: help needed flights accomodtion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 20:36
7. Re: help needed flights accomodtion

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 20:36
victoria
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: help needed flights accomodtion

Thank you so much for your help i will look at flight centres price now

Kind Regards marie

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
610 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: help needed flights accomodtion

Greg you must be living in a lucky city. Flight Centre in Brisbane advertised return flights $695 yesterday but only for 1st to 28th February 2014. Not happy Jan - lindiluu

Mentioned in this post
Brisbane
Brisbane
Brisbane Region, Australia
10. Re: help needed flights accomodtion

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2014, 05:18