We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pay cash for activity a few days upfront ?

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
pay cash for activity a few days upfront ?

Hello !

I already found plenty of usefull information on this board.

What I would like to ask you is if it is common in Bali to pay for some activities the full price (cash) in advance ? e.g. I made a reservation for an ATV Ride session online and exchanged a few emails with the guys there. they don't offer paypal or cc, but instead they ask for meeting me a few days before my ATV Ride at my hotel to pay the whole ride (for two people) cash upfront.

Since I read in some other reviews (for different attractions) that this "cash upfront" happens sometimes w/o problems, I would like to know if some of you could give me some tips how to handle this the best way ?

I understand that the people offering such activities want their reserved slots fully confirmed = payed. But I also dont want to get scammed then, so any advice is welcome !

Thank you !

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pay cash for activity a few days upfront ?

I usually pay and arrange for my outing while in Bali at the small tour booths a day or two before hand and make sure I get a receipt, I have never had a problem.

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pay cash for activity a few days upfront ?

Thank you for your answer !

Great to hear that this works for you.

If any other of you could tell me more about booking/paying cash for trips, pleas do so.

Kind regards.

Perth
Level Contributor
433 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pay cash for activity a few days upfront ?

Sorry Doc Hollywood - my experience is the same as Bepergian.

I always organise my activities through the local tour booths and either pay in full when booking at the booth and get a receipt or pay a deposit at the booth (with receipt) and the balance at the activity.

I have never paid in advance over the internet - I find I get better prices once I am there and can haggle with the tour booth operators.

If one won't do the price I want for an activity I go to the next booth.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pay cash for activity a few days upfront ?

I have paided up front only once when l booked for the dolphin tour in Sanur they came to my hotel one day before l paided and had no problems. But now l just book all tours in bali once l am there as it is cheaper and have had no problems getting to do the tours on the days l want.

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pay cash for activity a few days upfront ?

Seems like booking the activities on location is the better and safer deal here.

Thank you all for those informations !

6. Re: pay cash for activity a few days upfront ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2014, 05:18