We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cairns to Denpasar flights - help!

geelong
Level Contributor
488 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Cairns to Denpasar flights - help!

Hi all,

Trying to talk my friend into going on a holiday to Bali with her hubby & 2 kids, she lives in cairns and to get there on say jetstar she would have to fly down to Melb or Sydney to then fly up to Bali which doesn't make sense! I suggested booking a flight to Darwin, then seperate flight to Denpasar, has anyone else done this? Or any suggestions on how to get to Bali from cairns without flying opposite sides of Australia first?

Cheers

Brisbane
Level Contributor
746 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cairns to Denpasar flights - help!

Best bet is either Darwin or Brisbane.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cairns to Denpasar flights - help!

Jetstar used to sell flights via Darwin - to Bali

it did mean an arrival into Darwin at about 1am and then a 4am departure from Darwin on the way home to Cairns

Edited: 01 July 2013, 16:22
sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cairns to Denpasar flights - help!

Jetstar used to sell flights via Darwin - to Bali

it did mean an arrival into Darwin at about 1am and then a 4am departure from Darwin

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
129 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cairns to Denpasar flights - help!

Try cairns to Singapore then on to Bali I think jet star still go to Singapore from cairns.

Queensland
Level Contributor
3,989 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cairns to Denpasar flights - help!

I think the Cairns - Darwin - Bali is your best bet. That would most likely be the least amount of flying time (not sure about stop over times). Jetstar better still be flying Darwin to Bali, because I booked and paid for this flight in May 2014 only a few days ago.

No unnecessary detour to the south of the country this way.

Edited: 01 July 2013, 23:43
sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cairns to Denpasar flights - help!

Cairns to Singapore would still be via Darwin so not sure if thats much of a benefit

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,524 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cairns to Denpasar flights - help!

We've made this flight from Cairns via Darwin...just go to Jetstar's website and choose the dates/flight times which best suit and get a price/quote.

www.jetstar.com/au/en/cheap-flights/bali

8. Re: Cairns to Denpasar flights - help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2014, 06:17