We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jetstar cancelling flights

Sydney
Level Contributor
190 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Jetstar cancelling flights

Anyone travelled recently from SYDNEY to Denpasar had their flights cancelled or moved?

We are going in a couple of weeks and as this has happened to me twice before with Jetstar I was just wondering what their current status is in doing this.

Thanks!

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jetstar cancelling flights

If it happened to me twice I wouldn't book them a third time.

Linda

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
14,194 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jetstar cancelling flights

I haven't booked them a first time because of all the horror stories you hear about them. It's not worth the stress.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
809 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jetstar cancelling flights

In 4 flights to Bali and 2 to Phuket with Jetstar have never had a flight cancelled and all have been fine. Hope I haven't jinxed myself as we are flying to Phuket again with Jetstar in 6 weeks. Just my experience, Jetstar have never been a problem at all. I guess like all things you only ever hear from the people with problems not the thousands that don't have any.

Edited: 28 July 2013, 04:33
coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
6,582 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jetstar cancelling flights

we choose to fly Jetstar because of their price & also because their flights leave Sydney at 5.20pm, and we have to catch a domestic flight from Coffs Harbour. The late departure means we don't have to pay to overnight in Sydney/meals/taxis.

Last May, Jetstar changed our flight to the next day, and I phoned them and told them we had a domestic flight to Sydney and would require accommodation/meals/transport + refund of our first nights accommodation unless they could get us to Bali as planned. No worries, they got us on a domestic to Darwin and then to Bali. And as we'd paid for the exit row on the original flight, we were given the front row on both new flights. Plus, we arrived in Bali an hour earlier than originally scheduled.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jetstar cancelling flights

I had a flight in June booked for Sydney to Denpasar.

Jetstar cancelled that flight and changed us to Sydney - Melbourne - Denpasar.

We weren't happy at all. Jetstar didn't care!

Sydney
Level Contributor
190 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jetstar cancelling flights

When they have cancelled/ moved our flights both times it actually worked out better for us as we were put on a flight a day earlier, so more time in Bali! Just a pain when they advise at the last minute though!

Moruya
Level Contributor
62 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jetstar cancelling flights

I've flown several flights to/from Bali and I too have yet to experience a cancelled flight with Jetstar, but am going in 2 weeks time, and I can see many empty seats on the flight still, so time will tell. How much notice would they give, I wonder, as I have a 4 hour drive from the south coast to get to Sydney before the flight. Do they have to give you accommodation if you are already in Sydney to get the flight? My fingers are crossed.

PERTH
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jetstar cancelling flights

Strange why Jetstar is doing this to the eastern sea board folk. If they did this in Perth they would have to move out.

Darwin
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jetstar cancelling flights

I had a flight cancelled two weeks ago from Darwin, we were all sitting in the departure lounge for two hours, there was a problem with the plane and they said if they couldn't fix it by 930pm then they would cancel as apparently the airport in Denpasar closes (they said due to construction) and they wouldn't make the cut off time. It was a pain because everyone had to return their duty free!! They put on another aircraft the following day, at a time they don't usually fly and in addition to their usual Bali flight, got $100 voucher for next flight and everyone got meals on the flight complementary. Unfortunately the hotel I had booked for our first two nights (then only one) still charged us, I was hoping they wouldn't, even though I emailed them as soon as I can. Insurance also won't cover the lost accommodation as apparently they don't cover if it is within the airline control. Overall with the six vouchers our family got it we will come out in front as this was way more than the accommodation and we are about to book another flight.

I will still fly J* though as we have had many flights all good with them and the departure time suits us ad we can use the Qantas Club.

Lou

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,514 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jetstar cancelling flights

This is why I booked Jetstar only one way- DPS to Perth.

That way if they cancel, I'm stuck in Bali until we get a new flight and I can't think of one reason why that would be a bad idea :)