We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa K - 2 bedrooms Oberoi

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
37 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Villa K - 2 bedrooms Oberoi

Hi Guys...........am a regular to Bali and I always try new places to stay at as you know they pop up like mushrooms.

Anyways noticed this new one...'Villa K - 2 bedrooms Oberoi' on Trip Advisor and sent off the inquiry email for availability and rates as there was not the usual booking agencies like Wotif,etc,etc and got a very quick reply with a UK email address telling me they have a vacancy and the costing for that period from 5.9.13.

Accordingly I emailed back telling them I was happy with the costing and wanted to know what booking agency to use...............so far no response.

Meantime I checked the site via Trip Advisor and noted only a mobile contact number and the 2 reviews that did not state from who and where.

Noticed there was a payment procedure to follow which on the A$1800 (the full cost of the stay), required a booking deposit of $900 and the remainder $900 on 6/8/13 which is not the procedure for the normal booking agencies.

The period of the booking was from 5.9.13 to 14.9.13

IS THIS A SCAM PERCHANCE.

Does anybody know anything about the property or has stayed there?

Thanks Guys for any feedback.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Gold Coast
Level Contributor
6,184 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa K - 2 bedrooms Oberoi

It sounds far too cheap. I would be very careful.

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
37 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa K - 2 bedrooms Oberoi

Yes well it has gotten me wondering and that's why I've posted the questions.

It also kinda begs the question..'Does TripAdvisor check the authenticity/credentials of the properties that list on their/this site?'

Cheers.............

3. Re: Villa K - 2 bedrooms Oberoi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2014, 05:18