We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wondering about airport times for VOA and Immigration now?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Wondering about airport times for VOA and Immigration now?

as another poster had the great fortune last night of getting through in 10 minutes (must be a record lol) was just wondering how times are going now at the airport to get through VOA and customs/immigration lines? Is it still hit and miss for up to 2 or 3 hours or have things quieted down again? I can handle 45 minutes but if it is still iffy just would like to know. Am leaving in 2 weeks tomorrow (wed night 4th sept Jetstar from Sydney)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,670 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wondering about airport times for VOA and Immigration now?

It hasn't been 2or 3 hrs for a long time - I always make it to the baggage carousel before the bags start coming out, we always pay for front seating on jetstar or air Asia, then when off the plane we walk swiftly to the arrival hall, I buy the visas while hubby lines up at immigration. In June we were walking to our car within 20 mins

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wondering about airport times for VOA and Immigration now?

it was only a couple of weeks ago people were complaining that it was taking anything up to 3 hours to get through including around 2 hours for the flight from sydney on a wed night

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wondering about airport times for VOA and Immigration now?

I am trying to get an idea of the times now as in this week......

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
6,554 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wondering about airport times for VOA and Immigration now?

Veg T, how much do you pay for front seating?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wondering about airport times for VOA and Immigration now?

I think from sydney it is an extra $20- 30 or something each?? Not sure. But we are in the middle of the plane so guess that will have to do....

Canggu, Indonesia
Level Contributor
284 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wondering about airport times for VOA and Immigration now?

The amount of arrivals at that time is a major factor. Tomorrow, being Wednesday, take a look at the amount of International flights arriving at that time for Ngurah Rai. There are usually only 2 luggage carousels working so that's a factor as well. Obviously there is no way of knowing how they will staff each desk for visa and immigration. You should be able to get VIP for only 150,000 if you can go direct. Asking your hotel/villa to organise this service, they will charge extra.

NSW
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wondering about airport times for VOA and Immigration now?

We are I the middle of the plane too on the same flight... I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's quick (although we will just be checking in & going straight to bed so I don't know why I'm concerned about it being quick!) It'll add to the experience...

Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wondering about airport times for VOA and Immigration now?

Coming to bali next year with a toddler.will there be special lane for those with special need like my child insted of waiting up in the usual lane?

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wondering about airport times for VOA and Immigration now?

Hi Johnathan. There's no special lane for families with children. If you're lucky then an immigration officer (usually the ones walking around / not sitting at booth) will tell you to queue at the airline immigration booth. If no-one approaches you you can just ask an officer and very often they will allow you to take the shorter queue.

Perth West Australia
Level Contributor
157 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Wondering about airport times for VOA and Immigration now?

Use Flight Tracker to see how many flights are due around the same time as your flight.