We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aerosol cans????

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
280 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Aerosol cans????

Hi what's the take on fly spray deodorant and that we always

Take it over but last trip leaving Bali they made us open our cases and throw out out aero guard it was in our suitcases weird! I have the liquid pump sprays for this trip 24 days to go woohoo

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aerosol cans????

Hi nic... my understanding is as long as the aerosols have a lid it's ok to take in suticase, this came from a friend who is baggage handler for airline. You never know in Bali, rules seem to change every other day.

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,697 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aerosol cans????

we went to the garuda office years ago to ask and no problems, we bought back fly spray ( I like the green tea) and also air freshner.

They need to be in your baggage and not carry on.

Maybe get a letter from the airline...or print out these responses to show if you get pulled up :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aerosol cans????

we have had aerogard taken out of our checked luggage in Phuket as well flying back with Jetstar. This never happens with other airlines like Malaysian, Singapore etc. They show you the flame on the can and then throw it out as it is potentially flammable. Not sure if it is just the checkin for Jetstar that did it for the poster, if so I am not surprised. Never happens on the way over though. Never had any other type of aerosol taken out yet. Usually try to get the pump packs now to stop it happening, although sometimes these don't work very well.........

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Aerosol cans????

We went with virgin and had insect spray in our checked luggage. No drama

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,315 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aerosol cans????

All our trips we bought back aerosols. Very confusing isn't it.

6. Re: Aerosol cans????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2014, 06:21