We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top Favorite Things You Like to Do in Sanur?

Guangzhou
Level Contributor
434 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Top Favorite Things You Like to Do in Sanur?

Can you share what your favorite things are? I've looked at the list on the Sanur page but would like to hear it from you!

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,569 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top Favorite Things You Like to Do in Sanur?

We like to go to the big trees in front of Bennos cafe on the beach and have a massage on the beds. About 50 000rp with jeffrey and her ladies (she took her sons name).

We like to go to Tootsies cafe and also her shop behind..... not that far down the beach from Bennos.

We like to sit at a beach cafe on the beach and watch the locals chatting and playing in the water/sand.

We like to walk the boardwalk, some cycle.

We like to go to Hardys for a browse.

Sanur is very lazy and laid back with quite a village feel to it that we just enjoy taking in and being a part of.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Top Favorite Things You Like to Do in Sanur?

Just came back from Sanur. Love sitting on lounges at Luthas. Best coffee and cakes. Agree that Tootsies shop is great.

Cycling along bike path is fun.

Massages at the Santai Spa very relaxing,

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,332 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top Favorite Things You Like to Do in Sanur?

Taking an early morning walk along the beach path, before most people have even stirred. Eating at one of the fabulous restaurants & loving how much room you have between each table (such a rarity in Sydney) & not worrying about how much it cost!Discovering new streets that I have never been down before. Love Sanur!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,642 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top Favorite Things You Like to Do in Sanur?

The beach path is our favorite for early morning walks and a big must is coffee and cake at Luthus,

The early evening in a beach bar to relax and unwind before a lovely dinner.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Top Favorite Things You Like to Do in Sanur?

Sitting with your feet in the sand at Tities bar, a tiny little beach front shack bar......on about your fourth day there......winding down, drinking the coldest Bintang in Bali and watching those "active" types partake in various water sports.

Love the people watching.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Top Favorite Things You Like to Do in Sanur?

Happy Hour at the Cavern Bar, a small bar full of Beatles memorabilia. Its been set up just like the original Cavern Bar in Liverpool. I visit every time I'm in Sanur. It has icy cold beers as well. Look it up on google for an address because its a hidden gem and not many people in Sanur know where it is.

Guangzhou
Level Contributor
434 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Top Favorite Things You Like to Do in Sanur?

Thanks to you all for the wonderful suggestions. We changed hotels this morning due to mold issues (allergy) then swam in the pool in the heat of the day. This evening we went for a lovely walk with dinner and gelato in the middle and then the rest of the walk afterward. It's a full moon outside. I live in a city of 12 million so hub and I have been oohing and aahing over the nice bright moon and stars. Well, it's not his thing to oooh and aaaah but he is impressed, too. Tomorrow we'll be off in search of moleskin for my blisters. But the walk was worth it.

The people here have been delightful- warm and welcoming; helpful to the max. That's made the beginning of our trip so pleasant!

A couple of questions:

Where is the street market- or is all the stuff along the walkway the street market?

Where would the "Luthus" be? I saw the Tities bar so how far might it be from there and in which direction?

Really appreciate the help. You have given some wonderful suggestions. The main thing I'm getting is that we should just relax and enjoy it!

Blessings,

Pat

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,569 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Top Favorite Things You Like to Do in Sanur?

If you go to bennos on the beach then the strip behind them are market shops. jenis is shop 28 and 29 and fixed price.

Further on down the beach is tootsies beach cafe and bar and shop and in that area are more markets. Tootsies is also fixed price.

The main thing to do in sanur is relax. However it's easy to get in and out of if you choose to do day trips (top right).....Denpasar, nusa dua, turtle island, kuta etc are all close.

Guangzhou
Level Contributor
434 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Top Favorite Things You Like to Do in Sanur?

I have yet to find Bennos or Tootsies. Maybe tomorrow we need to walk farther. We started walking down at the local end of the beach where they are preparing for a big kite flying competition on the 25th. That was fun to see. They definitely had the biggest kite out there I had ever seen! The tail must have been fifty meters long and they had it flying on a cable.

We walked quite a long distance east from there pretty far past the Hyatt. Would we walk further east to get to Bennos? Thank you!

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,400 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Top Favorite Things You Like to Do in Sanur?

Pat, Lutus is just over an hour walk north of Tities. It is still along way north of the Hyatt, The beach where they are preparing the kites is at the south western end of Sanur beach. (this is Mertasari Beach)

If you walk 20 minutes south of Tities you will come to Sweet Magnolia. This is where you find the best coffee and cakes in Sanur. It is a wonderful spot.

I can be found at Tites Beach Warung every morning from 8 AM until 9.30 AM.

The Cavern bar suggested by Peter is well worth a visit if you into that era of music.