We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xmas and New Year 2013

Perth, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Xmas and New Year 2013

Going to Bali for Xmas and New Year staying in Legian with family, Mum and Dad,2 adult kids and girlfriends age range 19-53 but we oldies are very young at heart lol.

Any ideas on where might be a good place to go for Xmas Eve, Xmas Lunch/Dinner, New Years Eve. We figure that the younger ones may want to carry on after mum and dad have staggered off to bed so nice club ideas would be good also.

Thanks for any helpful advice cheers

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,670 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xmas and New Year 2013

You need to check if your accommodation doesn't have compulsory dinners on those nights. Coo coon or pot ato head will have something happening but may be expensive. It best to stay near your hotel on NYE as everyone in Bali - tourists and locals head for the beach so traffic is horrendous. Sorry for the spaces between a few word - would not let me post names even though not advertising just recommending .

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,671 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xmas and New Year 2013

Hi!

Welcome both of you to Bali Forum!! Lucky devils spending the festive season away!! (ssh it is the only way to go!!!) Where are you staying? I ask, as veg-tony suggested, most hotels have a "compulsory" dinner over Christmas and again on NYE. If you have booked via a travel agent, contact them and ask if any mention is made in your itinerary, it could be the costs involved are already included in your package price.

If you have booked another method, google the hotel and look for "news" "announcements", some put advice up early.

A Christmas Eve Dinner is held and can vary from a buffet to a set menu arrangement, with entertainment also. Usually a good time is had by all. All over with by 9 9.30 as a rule. Christmas Day, at hotels, breakfast does not usually vary, there may be a special lunch or dinner menu, again (overpriced), and at NYE there will again be a similar set up to Christmas Eve, but with more entertainment to the clock countdown. Drinks are not normally included in any of the pricing.

The traffic is chaotic over this period, so if choosing to dine/party elsewhere, be prepared to hoof it!! By midday on December 31st. some streets in Kuta, will be barricaded to motor vehicles and remain that way until the next day.

There is usually a huge concert event on the beach at Kuta on NYE hence the need for road closures to cater for all the pedestrians.

It really does depend on which area and hotel you are staying, before anything specific to that site can be given.

However, hope we have helped a bit! Please, feel free to come back with more questions!!

Cheers

wendy

Perth, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Xmas and New Year 2013

Thanks Wendy and veg-tony appreciate the advice. We are staying at Champlung Mas, I made the booking via Expedia and there is no mention of compulsory dinners on there or the website for the hotel so at this stage it looks like we have a choice. We are planning to stay close to our hotel and as you mentioned just walking everywere, the beach concert for NYE sounds like a plan thanks. If we wanted to have xmas eve and xmas dinner and NYE dinner at one of the resturants do they get fully booked out do you know? We will make a booking if we can but we only arrive in Bali on Xmas eve afternoon so that nights dinner may be just were ever we can get in. We are Bali regulars but first time for Xmas with the family. thanks again for your advice :)

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,671 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xmas and New Year 2013

Hi!

Yes, do look around when you arrive to book a spot for NYE! There will be plenty of choices around you. Christmas Eve, having just arrived, I would just eat as per normal, and whilst out for dinner, see what is on offer about the place for Christmas Day. Most restaurants will have signage of some sort outside, advertising what is on offer.

All the shops/department stores are open on Christmas Day. Normal trading hours 10 - 10 or bit earlier in some cases.

So, if you are stuck for something to do on Christmas Day, lol!!!!

wendy

Bristol, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Xmas and New Year 2013

Hi,

I've just booked to go to Bali for Christmas and New Year too, but I will be staying in the nusa dua tanjung benoa area. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do for Xmas or NY as I'm not tied into anything at my hotel?? All suggestions welcome and appreciated :)

Bandung, Indonesia
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Xmas and New Year 2013

Might be worth starting your own thread ;-)

7. Re: Xmas and New Year 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2014, 06:18