We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jetstar ARE cancelling flights over the APEC SUMMIT

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
403 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Jetstar ARE cancelling flights over the APEC SUMMIT

Just called them and have confirmation that flights out of Denpasar will be cancelled over those days of Summit. I was due to fly Denpasar -Sydney 5/10 but am now flying 7/10.

Suggest you call and insist on info cause the first time I called the young lady on the other end didn't know anything about it.

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
403 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jetstar ARE cancelling flights over the APEC SUMMIT

Jetsar still have the flights that they have cancelled available on their website ! Work that out!

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
501 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jetstar ARE cancelling flights over the APEC SUMMIT

hi Madge

I was talking to a lady at work today & she said her flight over has been cancelled too.

Enjoy yourself when you get there!

Happy travels!!

Port Lincoln
Level Contributor
246 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jetstar ARE cancelling flights over the APEC SUMMIT

Hi there! My understanding with the airport closures is that 5th October closed from 10 am to 4pm 6 and 7th October 10 am to 8pm 8 October 10 10am til 8pm.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
143 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jetstar ARE cancelling flights over the APEC SUMMIT

Don't think those times are quite right. Unless they changed something. Pretty sure the airport is open on the 6th and 7th.

Port Lincoln
Level Contributor
246 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jetstar ARE cancelling flights over the APEC SUMMIT

Sorry it opened on 7th. Google search airport closure times.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jetstar ARE cancelling flights over the APEC SUMMIT

And it's taken Jetstar this long to work it out???

7. Re: Jetstar ARE cancelling flights over the APEC SUMMIT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to copyright infringement. By law, we must remove any messages that include content protected by copyright which has been reproduced without direct permission from the author/publisher -- this includes but is not limited to items copied and pasted from online news agencies, magazines and commercial/personal websites, trademarks, passwords, confidential information, or intellectual property of any other person.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2013, 18:59
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,046 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jetstar ARE cancelling flights over the APEC SUMMIT

For those who want a quick guide on how to read NOTAMs, the good people of the Air Travel forum recommended a site a few days ago.

http://tinyurl.com/qgthpe9

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,143 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jetstar ARE cancelling flights over the APEC SUMMIT

Jetstar told me yesterday that 5th wouldn't be affected - do you know if the flight is actually cancelled or are they just bumping people in anticipation of perhaps needing to cancel?

I'm also a bit puzzled at the cancellations considering that Jetstar flights are all well out of the times the airport will be closed so not sure why they would cancel?

I'm going to send another customer enquiry through suggesting they put something on their website to clarify what they are doing - even if they're not sure of things yet, it will help keep down speculation.

Please let me know anything Jetstar have told you so I can feed it back to them - feel sorry for the Help Desk, they are obviously not privy to any real information on this.

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
403 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jetstar ARE cancelling flights over the APEC SUMMIT

MMILES,

I contacted them the first time about 3weeks ago by phone and was told they didn't know anything. Contacted them again the following week by phone. Same response. I then posted on their face book page and 2 hours later I was private messaged saying they were away of the airport closures but nothing confirmed at that time. Then my post was deleted. I rang them again on Saturday and was told they didn't know anything about it again. I suggested very nicely that she speak to a supervisor . She came back to me reading out the time of closures and then said yes Jetstar are cancelling my flight. Was departing Den-Sydney 22.10. Oct 5. I am now flying 7/10. My advice is try to change your flight if you can. They obviously don't know which way is up. God knows how they know how to fly. Before anyone jumps on the keyboard...yes I know it's a budget carrier. :)