We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 nights in Bali - split trip into 3 locations. Ideas?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
8 nights in Bali - split trip into 3 locations. Ideas?

My wife and I will be going to Bali for 8 nights in February 2014. We would like to stay in 3 different locations. We love the beach obviously but would love to see some great inland locations as well. Can anyone give me some tips on locations to go and great hotels/resorts to stay at? Due to our limited time we would probably like to stay on the main island and not venture to any of the smaller islands. Unless, that is something that we definitely need to do! Thank you so much in advance for any advice you can give us.

Thanks,

Matt

Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 nights in Bali - split trip into 3 locations. Ideas?

I would suggest to stay in two areas and not three, there is too much to do and see.

First area suggested is Legion area, great shops, entertainment, beach etc, do at least four days.

Second area suggested is the Ubud area, tranquil, temples, rice fields, close to major Bali traditional temples ,

Adventure parks such as white water rafting, safari park, elephant park etc.

Both areas have a number of fantastic hotels at all levels of prices , great restaurants and all at reasonable prices.

Should you require any further help or info please contact me.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,972 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 nights in Bali - split trip into 3 locations. Ideas?

Hi

with only 8 nights I would suggest only staying at 2 areas. Moving 3 times will waste what small amount of time you have.

As for the beach area to suggest we need to know more ie do you want a busy area, a surfing beach, night clubs close by or a more relaxed beach where you can do water sports, ride pushbikes and that sort of thing???

There are numerous beach areas, Kuta, Legian, Tuban, Seminyak are all on the same stretch in a busy area, lots of tourists, night clubs etc, Sanur on the other hand is more tranquil, fishing boats, water sports, good bars and restaurants and you can see locals going about daily life.

As for the other area Ubud would suit your needs.

We can't suggest places to stay until you tell us how much you wish to spend per night.

IF at all possible extend your stay in Bali to at least two weeks as there is just so much to see and do and so many great areas to stay.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
583 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 nights in Bali - split trip into 3 locations. Ideas?

I agree with the above comments, my husband and I did 3 locations in a 10 night stay and felt any less time would have been rushed. You do spend a lot of time transfering from one place to the next and the days seem to disappear on you...if you do go ahead you may find it helpful to arrange a half day tour with your driver as you move from each location, we did that and it worked well.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
583 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 8 nights in Bali - split trip into 3 locations. Ideas?

We did 5 nights in Tanjungbenoa, 3 in Ubud and 2 in Sanur.

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
10,533 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 8 nights in Bali - split trip into 3 locations. Ideas?

I agree with everyone who says 2 locations is fine...One by the beach..perhaps Seminyak or Sanur, and one in Ubud. Both locations are great, but very different, and can be used as bases for day trips...Sanur for beach areas and southern most temples like Uluwatu and Tanah Lot. , etc

Ubud for culture, arts (music, dance, crafts) , agriculture and points Central and North, volcanos, etc...

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 8 nights in Bali - split trip into 3 locations. Ideas?

Thank you very much for your input. I agree that 2 places is better. Thank you for your suggestions Michael.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 8 nights in Bali - split trip into 3 locations. Ideas?

Thanks. I think Sanur would be best for our taste. We enjoy a nice quiet beach. Adults only place would be preferred. Would like to keep it under $150 a night. We are stuck with 8 days because we are flying out to Singapore on Feb. 18th. I looked up some hotels in Sanur and Puri Santrian looks very nice. The reviews look pretty good. We definitely want to stay at a hotel right on the beach. Thanks for the recommendation of Sanur. I think it is perfect!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 8 nights in Bali - split trip into 3 locations. Ideas?

Thanks FamilyQld. My wife and I are going to take your advice and take a 1/2 day tour driving around when we go from Ubud to Sanur. We are going to stay 3 nights in Ubud. Any advice on a good value hotel to stay in Ubud. Say under $100 a night.

Thanks!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
583 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 8 nights in Bali - split trip into 3 locations. Ideas?

Hi again, we didnt stay at a large hotel or resortvin ubud...we were at Tegal Sari... Our room was on a second floor with a balcony overlooking the rice paddies, very serene, we were extremely happy with our choice. It would fit your budget. Maybe look them up and see if it suits your style.

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,746 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 8 nights in Bali - split trip into 3 locations. Ideas?

Ubud and Sanur are both easy to get in and out of so day trips anywhere will be much less of a problem than staying in the other main areas.

I too have stayed at tegal sari but they no longer include breakfast, it's a lovely place though.

Others here chat about alam shanti and so thats on my wish list for our next stay.

Others also chat about Honeymoon guest house. I don;t think either are too expensive.

In Sanur on the beach there are a few, Villa shanti is smaller, Puri sading is popular.