We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price change in hotel booking

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Price change in hotel booking

Hiya... Not sure if this is being a cheapskate or not but... I booked a hotel via email back in march for an October stay, as the hotel isn't on any booking sites. I've since noted on their website that the room price has dropped from 480,000 to 40,000. So would it be bad form to cancel and re-book? Would rather spend the savings on other stuff... I'd be saving about 50 au :/ cheers!

Sydney
Level Contributor
142 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Price change in hotel booking

Do you really mean from 480,000 to 40,000?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Price change in hotel booking

Whoops! Add another zero ;)... So from approx $48 to $40 a night

Perth Western...
Level Contributor
885 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Price change in hotel booking

My question would be if it had increased from 400,000 to 480,000 would you want them to take the price up... Just asking as it can work both ways. I also booked accommodation a while ago & they are now having a special where as you book 3 nights and get the 4th night free. So be it

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Price change in hotel booking

Yeah, I get what you're saying... That's why I asked the question... And just as an aside, these aren't sale prices, just the pricing has been reduced :) I've watched the prices of my bookings fluctuate along with the AU $, and am happy to pay the going rate when I'm there

Edited: 01 September 2013, 05:55
Level Contributor
289 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Price change in hotel booking

Personally I wouldn't cancel and re-book however given that you have been corresponding with them by email why don't you send them another asking if you will benefit from the reduction in room rates?

Can't hurt to ask.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Price change in hotel booking

Thanks, that seems a reasonable idea :) I'm really not horrible! But every little bit helps, and if I can use the cash for a driver etc, that'd be cool :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
206 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Price change in hotel booking

That happened to us in May/June with a $10 a night reduction from time of booking and to just prior to arriving. I emailed the hotel and they did not hesitate to reduce the price. We were staying a few nights so it added up to a reasonable reduction....more spending money in Bali

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Price change in hotel booking

Maybe the reality that Bali has been overpricing is sinking in with some of the industry participants.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
12 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Price change in hotel booking

Celadon60 i think its ok, I just did it couple of days back for OCT as well as i had a free cancellation policy on booking.com and the price went down 10 days after my booking i simply cancelled the old one and made a new booking i saved abt 35$ per night.

Its not cheapskat, just grabing the oppurtunity :)

jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Price change in hotel booking

Hi Celadon60. The hotel quoted to you in IDR or USD?

Edited: 01 September 2013, 09:02