We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali with teenage boys.

Colac, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Bali with teenage boys.

Looking at going to Bali next winter with our 2 boys aged16 and 12. After some recommendations on accommodation with plenty to keep them occupied and also activities or tours.

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,526 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali with teenage boys.

Welcome to the forum,

I would suggest Bali garden hotel in tuban....opposite waterbom, next to centro, on the beach, great pools, large rooms.

Look top right of main page for ideas on day trips and things to do.

Bike ride, buggys, treetops adventure park, waterbom, white water rafting, elephant park etc etc etc.

Edited: 01 September 2013, 13:18
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
280 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali with teenage boys.

Febris all the way check it out its great reviews speak for themselves

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
143 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali with teenage boys.

+1 for bali garden. Our teenage boys love it. They really love the great pool, and cemtro disscovery plaza right next door.

Activities they enjoyed were waterbom and whitewater rafting.

Edited: 01 September 2013, 15:05
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,272 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali with teenage boys.

The jayakarta is good for their activities around the hotel.

There is a massive chess set, tennis court, gym, also opposite beach where each afternoon the locals start up a soccer match and invite the boys to join in.

My guys loved that.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali with teenage boys.

To be honest I would say it does not matter, as long as there is a decent sized pool - they will find stuff to do- plenty of walks and some games on the beach - they will be fine.

Everywhere seems to have wifi now so they can stay in touch via social media

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,740 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bali with teenage boys.

Tuban is a good choice for teenagers. If you are staying long enough then I suggest you also consider adding another area to your holiday, ie sanur with water sports and riding pushbikes along the beach path. Tuban as mentioned above is a good base as the teenagers can walk to discovery mall,, waterbom park and there is also tenpin bowling just behind kuta station hotel. There is plenty to walk to in Tuban without needing a taxi like Legian. You can let the teenagers have some freedom to get around this area on their own and meet up at the hotel. Bali garden hotel has a great atmosphere and is right on the beach and febris is one street back still a great location and walking distance to all of the above. There are plenty of other hotel options to recommend but these stand out for value for money. The beach around bali garden / she shopping centre has a real buzz late in the afternoon and the boys would enjoy it there.

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,526 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bali with teenage boys.

I am sorry, i suggested looking at the to do list and I have been alerted that it and it's writer are no longer on our forum :(

I think it is so important to have one as this is where I gain alot of info when travelling and searching new forums.

I am going to compile another for Bali forum.....have just started it. Might take some time though so watch for it :)

8. Re: Bali with teenage boys.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2014, 06:38