We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seek inputs for a Bali Holiday

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
46 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Seek inputs for a Bali Holiday

Hi, we are planning a week long holiday in Bali and planning to stay 3 days at the BaliHyatt (Sanur) a day at Ubud and a couple of days at Gili Tarawanga. We will be travelling with a 3 yr old child. Seek inputs on places to stay (upto 200 USD a night). Is the Bali Hyatt a good bet yet or should it be avoided knowing that it will soon be going into renovations.

Also want to know if the above plan is hectic and should we look at 2 locations instead of three. Would be grateful for inputs on must visit places and dining options as well.

Edited: 01 September 2013, 18:53
Best Seller
All-Access 9/11 Experience: Ground...
426 reviews
from US$109.00*
Best Seller
9/11 Memorial Walking Tour w/ Opt...
1,199 reviews
from US$35.00*
Bali Full-Day Traditional Village...
121 reviews
from US$40.00*
Bali Quad Bike Adventure
35 reviews
from US$45.00*
Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,960 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seek inputs for a Bali Holiday

Hi garutam, Personally I would cut Gili Trawangan out of the mix and add on those days to Ubud. One night in Ubud does not do it justice and most of your sight-seeing will be done from Ubud.

Start your holiday in Ubud and end it in Sanur.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seek inputs for a Bali Holiday

Sanur, Ubud and Gili Trawangan in one week is tight. I would cut it down to two locations.

Also, not sure when you will be travelling but the Bali Hyatt will soon close down completely for renovations.

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,760 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seek inputs for a Bali Holiday

I agree with fame, I would cut out Gilli and just stay in Bali and start in Ubud and finish in Sanur.

If Hyatt is not going to be open then look at Griya or Puri Santrian perhaps.

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
6,985 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seek inputs for a Bali Holiday

You will waste a lot of time out of your 7 days getting to and from GilliT, so I would stay on Bali and do a day trip to Nusa Lembongan if you want that beachy experience. Ubud 3 and Sanur 4 nights?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
46 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seek inputs for a Bali Holiday

Thanks a bunch everybody...Will stick to 3 nights in Ubud and 4 in Sanur...Hyatt Bali closes a couple of weeks after our planned trip..Wanted to chk if the hotel is in decent shape considering it is soon going for renovations.

Some friends got back from Nusa Dua recently and they recommend us staying there - however I have heard/ read that ND is a lil cut of from the rest of the island and not as much fun. Do youl'll think we should reconsider Sanur and look at ND?

Would be grateful for inputs on must visit locations from Ubud and Sanur...

Thanks a bunch

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,960 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seek inputs for a Bali Holiday

No, I would not recommend ND over Sanur unless you want to just laze at the hotel or beach the whole time. It is not convenient to get to other places from ND.

What type of things are you interested in to see? Have a look at the right hand side of the page under top questions about Bali. You will see some recommended day trips, it is will you an idea of what is available.

7. Re: Seek inputs for a Bali Holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2014, 06:32