We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evening family entertainment near Febris

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
178 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Evening family entertainment near Febris

We are off to Bali for the first time in Dec for 14 days and have booked to stay in Ubud and at Febris in Tuban. There is me , hubby and our daughters 15 and 10. Our evenings are usually dinner and a walk around, shopping etc but sometimes we all like to stop in somewhere that might have some entertainment, band, show, etc.

Not to worried about when we are in Ubud but are there places like this within walking distance to Febris?

Hastings, Australia
Level Contributor
630 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Evening family entertainment near Febris

The street side of Discovery Mall/Plaza (5-10 mins walk North of Febris) has a band each night on the steps for a couple of hours. Quite a few restaurants/bars have live bands in the evening. Dinner & entertainment at Bubba Gumps. Sometimes traditional parades up the beach behind Discovery Mall/Plaza. I don't know about your girls but I see lots of families with young boys watching the Balinese kids playing soccer on the beach in the early evening.

I'm sure others know better places, this is just from my limited experience :)

Edited: 11 September 2013, 03:27
Dardanup, Australia
Level Contributor
56 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evening family entertainment near Febris

We just got back from the Febris and found the bands at Kuta Station and Bamboo were really good .. our 9yr twins loved it.

Bubba Gumps staff will do a few magic tricks .. but just wandering around the area is entertaining enough at times !!

The Boardwalk have nightly shows as well .. music or fire dancing etc .. pretty good.

Level Contributor
71 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Evening family entertainment near Febris

Kuta Theatre has an illusionist/magic show on every night at 8pm. It's not far from Febris, maybe a 10 min walk at the most. My husband, my 13 yo daughter and I all loved it. I think it was around $9 aud a head.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
143 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Evening family entertainment near Febris

The Boardwalk have shows each night. Dancing or fire throwing etc.

ALso, the Kuta theatre (behind where the slingshot used to be, next to the station/railway restaurant, do a really good magic show. A lot of traditional Balinese dancing in the show. Very cool. I don't remember exactly but I thinkk it was about $10 USD to get in. Was a great night.

I had seen most of the illusions before, but it was still really good to see them again in such a close environment (it is a small theatre).

The main actor looks lie a Balinese version of Cosentino and sometimes comes out to the street do do card tricks.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
221 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Evening family entertainment near Febris

Great ideas here! We are planning on staying in Kuta for the end of our trip so look forward to checking some of these out..

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
178 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Evening family entertainment near Febris

Great ideas from everyone!! Just the sort of stuff we will all enjoy. Can't wait to go & see for ourselves. Many thanks.

Any more suggestions greatly appreciated.

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
500 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Evening family entertainment near Febris

We had a great evening at the Irish Pub in the basement of Dynasty Hotel. Sounds strange but best Irish Pub lay out I've been in.

Great Baliness Irish band. Dance floor. Kids up dancing. Requests asked for by band & people up dancing to their requests. Great food. Good family night!!

Happy travels!!

Townsville
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Evening family entertainment near Febris

Febris has great bands each night

9. Re: Evening family entertainment near Febris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2014, 05:18