We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Villas Bali Hotel and Spa - same or better?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
The Villas Bali Hotel and Spa - same or better?

Hi all

I did post this question earlier but perhaps it wasn't titled properly - or at least well enough to produce advice. I'll try again :o)

It's time to book another Bali holiday. Last time we stayed a couple of nights at The Villas Bali Hotel and Spa in Seminyak and mm hm, we loved it! Only thing I would have liked would have been a bit more area for the sun lounges and an inside living area (besides the bedroom).

And so, this time around we're looking for the standard of The Villas Bali Hotel and Spa in Seminyak but better - if this is possible.

I am looking at many resorts and I am worried that privacy will be a factor as sometimes it is hard to tell from the pictures. I do not want to hear what my next door neighbours are doing. I want a sanctuary.

Budget is probably no more than $450 per night - for something extra extra super special I might reconsider that figure but it would have to be pretty super.

Does not have to be in Seminyak but this seems where most of the 'it' villas are. Can be in Seminyak, Sanur, Nusa Dua, Tanjung Benoa - don't really want to be travelling out to Ubud.

I would appreciate any advice you could give. I know there are loads of threads on this and I have read them but want to ask specifically for somewhere like we stayed before or better - am hoping you guys have that insight.

Thanks so much!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
677 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Villas Bali Hotel and Spa - same or better?

Hi Madj_11

Try the Kunja villas. I have tried many different villas around seminyak and found these to be the most spacious and relaxing. They are absolutely top notch and the service is outstanding. I note that the living area is open air, thats the only thing.

Other suggestions I would make with enclosed living areas are Kei Villas, One Eleven (expensive), The Samaya, Sentosa & Space villas.

Goodluck!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Villas Bali Hotel and Spa - same or better?

Thank you, Harvey, I shall check out all of those!

The enclosed living area isn't a must have - open air is fine for the right place.

What about Ulin Villas - how do they compare?

Edited: 16 September 2013, 06:09
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
677 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Villas Bali Hotel and Spa - same or better?

Hi!

Ulin villas are one of the few I haven't seen. However everybody seems to rave about them!

Hopefully someone else can make a good recommendation.

To be honest the photos don't really do anything for me, not sure what it is but I always skip over Ulin Villas.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
251 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Villas Bali Hotel and Spa - same or better?

I just booked ulin villas, good rate around usd350pn. And a few extras thrown in. Never been to bali before and was extremely confused with trying to get a nice villa at a reasonable price.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Villas Bali Hotel and Spa - same or better?

Confused indeed - it is a hard job picking a good villa!

Looks like some more research is needed.

I am also wondering if Seminyak is the place - perhaps we should try somewhere different.

Oh, I just don't know!

I checked out Kunja - they look pretty good :o) Are they private - some of the pics don't show high walls, some of them do?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
677 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Villas Bali Hotel and Spa - same or better?

Hi Madj_11

Yes I found them to be very private indeed. Very high walls.

It depends on what you are looking for in your holiday, I enjoy having shopping, spas, different bars and restaurants at my doorstep, but at the same time I can escape it all behind the walls of my villa sanctuary.

If you have time it's always great to do a week in seminyak and then another week in a different part(s) of Bali such as Nusa Lembongan, Sanur, Candidasa, Ubud etc etc.

7. Re: The Villas Bali Hotel and Spa - same or better?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2014, 07:18