We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what else to do?

Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
what else to do?

My partner and I are planning on going to the monkey forest. I am not to keen after reading some reports from other TA's but my partner desperately wants to (his a kid at heart) We are staying in Legian so as it's a bit of a trip to get there we thought we would make a day of it and do some other activities while we are out Ubud way as the monkey forest won't take all day to see.

In your experiences what are some activities that may interest us around that area? We are a young couple, not really into the muesums etc.. We like being adventurous and being outdoorsy. We have been to Bali before and have seen all the temples etc so looking for more activities/tours.

Thanks in advance (:

Bali Safest Driver
Cultural Tours, River Rafting & Tubing, Shopping Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Amansuka Tour - Day Tours
River Rafting & Tubing, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Galih Bali Tour
Cultural Tours, River Rafting & Tubing, Water Sports, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Hire Bali Tour Driver
Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Kuta, Bali...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: what else to do?

There are many adventurous tour in Ubud, like wild river rafting in ayung river, cycling tour, ATV riding, etc.

Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what else to do?

Have a look here for some ideas. It only takes 40 mins in normal traffic to get to Ubud so it's not a massive trip to get there..

Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,783 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what else to do?

A few tips for the monkey forest...

Go in the afternoon when they are more full and do not feed them.

Keep everything zipped away so they don't steal.

If they jump on you, don't cower as is the normal reaction....start to walk, they won't want to go, they will jump off.

It's quite mystical in there but I would only need half an hour or so to do the walk through.

Do your other activities in the morning and then lunch somewhere and then go to the monkey forest.

4. Re: what else to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2014, 06:19
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor