We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia E-check in confusion ???

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
143 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Air Asia E-check in confusion ???

I have been to Bali a few times with Air Asia. But I cant remember if I e-checked in prior to going to the airport. Each way?

Does anyone know if I even need to e-check in?

Or can i just turn up to the airport with our itinerary?

What about coming home?

Thanks for any advice.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
143 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Asia E-check in confusion ???

WHoops.

I forgot that I posted a similar question a couple of weeks ago.

It seems that you dont have to web-check in for flights to and from Perth-Bali.

Thats great, becuase I was trying to web-check in, but it keeps timing out before I can get all 7 passport details entered!! Grrrr.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Asia E-check in confusion ???

Just check in at the check in desks as per usual - you will be fine

Thats what we have done

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
143 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Asia E-check in confusion ???

Thanks our001

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
282 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Asia E-check in confusion ???

On a recent trip to KL I just took my Air Asia itinerary to the check-in counter as I'd pre booked my seats, thus there was no real need to check-in online.

I'm heading to Bali next month and as I've pre booked my seats I'll just do the same. If I recall correctly, you're issued with a boarding pass at check in.

Even if you do print your boarding pass at home using web check-in, the airline may discard it and issue you with one of theirs. That happened to me recently when I flew Qantas to Singapore.

In fact, if you have an iPad or other tablet device, just save the Air Asia itinerary PDF file to your device then bring it up on the display and hand it to the check-in staff. This saves you from having to waste paper and the effort to print out pages of paper that you're only going to discard after the trip. I did this in Singapore without any issues.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
883 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Asia E-check in confusion ???

You can also save "friends and family" details including Passport information, dates of birth, addresses - everything you need - in the "My Details" section of the Air Asia site once you've created your profile. They stay there until you remove them and you can edit them whenever you want. .

When you want to check in, or reprint passes etc, you just select your travelling companions - voila! No need to manually enter their details.

Enjoy your trip.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
148 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Asia E-check in confusion ???

We checked in by web but last night when flying from Perth to Bali we were paged to go to the boarding gate. They said that we should have also checked in downstairs at the check in desk?? What's the pint if web check in on air Asia if you en have to check in at the airport. We weren't the only ones - about a dozen of us were called up

7. Re: Air Asia E-check in confusion ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2014, 05:18