We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New to Bali, solo traveller wanting very quiet beach area

Cool Canuck
Level Contributor
258 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
New to Bali, solo traveller wanting very quiet beach area

Visiting Bali for a yoga training and arriving about 5 days early to deal with jet lag and get into the mood. I want to avoid the high traffic/tourist areas and head to just about anywhere that I can find :

fairly comfortable room, good food and clean beaches for beach combing and possibly swimming (though swimming not essential if there is a pool nearby); want to find a hot spring and buy some textiles..maybe go for some scenic walks.

Suggestions most welcome!

Banjar Hot Springs
Hot Springs & Geysers
Yeh Sanih Spring
Hot Springs & Geysers, Bodies of Water
Angseri Hot Spring
Hot Springs & Geysers
sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New to Bali, solo traveller wanting very quiet beach area

The best place for textiles is in Denpasar itself - not a quiet area

However I would suggest either Candi Dasa or Amed for a peaceful beach side setting.

However if you do not want to travel as far as this, try Nusa Dua or Tanjung Benoa - those areas are quieter and if you stay in the resort - and wander locally you will be very happy

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,876 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New to Bali, solo traveller wanting very quiet beach area

Possibly Candidasa would suit your five days of relaxation. We recently visited Seabreeze and found its location, both quiet and having wonderful sea views. There's a small beach for parts of the year, but the lagoon is very nice for swimming and snorkelling on low tide throughout the year.

You are fairly close to a traditional village where Ikat weaving is available for sale.

http://www.seabreezecandidasa.com/

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,143 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New to Bali, solo traveller wanting very quiet beach area

Hi drift - as well as East Bali, you could also consider north Bali. You'll find good quality ikat cloth made and sold in Singaraja, the hot springs at Banjar (don't forget your swimming costume and towel), and the beaches are very quiet. No beach culture or sunbeds as such as it's predominantly black sand, although you'll find white sand beaches in the NW around Pemuteran; it's off the beaten track and a heck of a journey from the south so very quiet. Depending on your budget, somewhere like the Mimpi Resort even offers your own hot spring pool outside your villa.

It does depend on how far you are prepared to travel though.

Cool Canuck
Level Contributor
258 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New to Bali, solo traveller wanting very quiet beach area

Thank u Sue,happy and our 001. I plan to be in Candidasa for a few weeks already, so I think I would love the adventure to the north side. Wow, suddenly really looking forward to this trip, my first alone for way too long..look out, world!

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New to Bali, solo traveller wanting very quiet beach area

as suggested, pemuteran is nice and very quiet. padangbai, isn't quiet or noisy. but it has walks,food and beaches and good for chillin out.

P A
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: New to Bali, solo traveller wanting very quiet beach area

Just back from Gili Trewangan and The Mansion at Ubud... both would suit your criteria

7. Re: New to Bali, solo traveller wanting very quiet beach area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2014, 15:02
8. Re: New to Bali, solo traveller wanting very quiet beach area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2014, 05:17