We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for driver that's into photography

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,677 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for driver that's into photography

I have contacted Putu at Bali friend and he is not available. Can anyone else reccommended a driver that's into photography - I'm not interested in a "photography tour" cause I'm only a beginner and would like someone who can explain things to me.

Amed White Sand Divers
Photography Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Water Sports, Shark Diving, Boat Tours
Bali By Billy
Scuba & Snorkeling, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Private Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Photography Tours
Saba Bali Trans - Day Tours
Eco Tours, Private Tours, Photography Tours, Day Trips, Shopping Tours
coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
7,177 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for driver that's into photography

Expecting a Balinese driver to teach you the basics of photography is quite a big ask. I suggest you consider a basic photography course at home before you go, they are often run by local photographers, or camera shops, over a couple of days. Then you could take a day trip with a driver such as Dean, who is an excellent photographer. He uses a Canon 7D and has a very good eye for composition.

http://distinctiontours.blogspot.com.au/

Edited: 09 October 2013, 07:18
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,677 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for driver that's into photography

Cb that's what I want someone to teach composition

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for driver that's into photography

Hi,

Yes, Dean's your man. He takes lovely shots. Here are some of his photos on his FB page:

https:/…

https://www.facebook.com/dean.balidude…

and

pixoto.com/dean.balidude/awards/10-04-2013

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,012 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for driver that's into photography

Dean is perfect for what you want. You won't find better. He is right into his photography, wins competitions etc. My husband is right into photography and him and Dean have spent time chatting and comparing photography equipment and tips.

Dean will be perfect for what you want.

Germany
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for driver that's into photography

We can recommend Dean (Driver with Distinction). We recently did stay in Bali for three weeks and did find Dean via Tripadvisor and his blog. As I'm a passionate photographer, I was not only looking for a driver and guide, but especially for someone, who does know all the hidden non touristy places, good locations for sunset and sunrise etc. To summarize it: We have not been disappointed! Already some weeks before the vacation we started to exchange possible places to visit, recommended hotels and more via Email. Dean was always responding very fast with good recommendations. He is very reliable, was always picking up us one time (even for sunrise tours at 4 am). He provided a very clean and well maintained vehicle with air conditioning. Dean was never ever looking after his watch, when necessary we even did start before sunrise and were coming back to the hotel late after sunset. He was very supportive with many things, e.g. purchasing local SIM cards for our mobiles, finding banks to cash traveller cheques. An excellence save driver - we never felt unsafe -, very funny. As well flexible, as we have changed our plans frequently, to participate in ceremonies or cremations. Very knowledgeable, we have learned a lot about Bali, its culture and the people living here. From a photography point of view he does have an excellent eye to find beautiful motives and good knowledge of when to be where and possible locations.

All in all, we have had a very enjoyable time.

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,266 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for driver that's into photography

Dean is passionate about his photography & an excellent driver & tour guide. I've always found that he will go out of his way to help me in any way that he can. He also does off road tours taking you to places off the tourist trail with wonderful photo opportunities.

7. Re: Looking for driver that's into photography

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2014, 05:19