We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Longer in Amed or Candidasa?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
216 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Longer in Amed or Candidasa?

Just deciding now over last 9 nights, split between Amed and Candi dasa..any opinion on the split... amed will be first...5/4 or 6/3..

We will have have already stayed in Sanur,5 nts.. Ubud 7, ..Munduck 2

We like mooching around the areas either walking, on a motorbike or in some cases maybe a driver. We can't swin so no diving or snorkling.

Candidasa is final stop as nearer to the airport, not interested in Kuta area.

thanks

Adelaide
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Longer in Amed or Candidasa?

If you can't swim, no diving and no snorkeling, why do you want to go to Amed. Amed isnt bad for a motorbike but Amed is for the things that you dont want to do.We enjoyed out stay in Candidasa that we just booked our flight again so we can get back there.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,251 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Longer in Amed or Candidasa?

Despite not being swimmers and/or into snorkelling, I would still consider splitting your time 4 days Amed and the final 5 in Candidasa. I am sure you still go into the ocean and enjoy splashing about. It is a lovely area, well worth a visit and enjoying all that it has to offer, and then head down to Candidasa for your final 5 nights before heading home.

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Longer in Amed or Candidasa?

I'm not a diver. I swim & snorkel but not proficiently however I always enjoy any time spent in Amed. There are some beautiful views, friendly people & it's interesting to watch local life going on around you. Last trip I visited a family who lived by the beach & was highly entertained watching 11 day old piglets scampering around on the beach, then one after the other they came back home....time for a feed!

4. Re: Longer in Amed or Candidasa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2014, 06:19