We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Legian???

australia
Level Contributor
98 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Legian???

First trip to Bali both mid 40's and son 16, we have been to Thailand many times before and are looking for a change and are looking at the area of Legian and as wife disliked the only time we went to Patong in Phuket (too many hawkers etc) was wondering if Legian was right for us or perhaps another area??. We are not into nightlife but quiet bars are ok. BTW we are looking at last 2 weeks of June 2014. We have narrowed accomodation down to All Seasons,Legian, Kumala Pantai and Baleka Resort (other recommendations welcome) So to cut a long story short will the wife be happy in Legian or perhaps somewhere quieter keeping in mind we have to keep a 16 year old amused too

thanks in advance

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
883 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Legian???

Hi

Without knowing your wife's interests and tastes, it's difficult to say categorically if she will be happy in Legian area.

We are of a similar age and love that area. There is enough to keep you occupied with restaurants, shopping, bars, restaurants along the beach front......and a short stroll up to Seminyak which is a bit quieter again with more great restaurants and bars.

Look, the markets/shops are full of similar product at fabulous prices, and the "salesmen" will often approach you to have a look a their wares, but nowhere near as aggressively or consistently as Patong.

Your son will be fine - there is heaps to keep him entertained, especially if he likes the beach. End of June can often be busy with various school holidays around that time, but realistically it's generally busy all year round now.

If you do want some nightlife action, there is plenty to satisfy in and around Legian, and Kuta is a short cab ride away with loads of options.

Having been to Bali several times and Thailand recently (last Christmas) we will stick with Bali over Thailand - our opinion and a topic that often encourages lively debate.

Im sure you'll have a great time - relax and enjoy it.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
915 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Legian???

If you've got two weeks perhaps use it to stay in a opulent of different areas. Sanur may be more your wife's speed, although the beach ladies can be quite persistent!

As you gt away from kuta it gets less crazy. Some parts of Legian are very full on, while others aren't. I'm not a huge fan - it's a bit busy for me. I prefer seminyak.

The Legian is located in Seminyak, strangely, and would be my pick of hotels.

australia
Level Contributor
98 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Legian???

ok thanks for replies so out of all seasons, baleka resort and kumala pantai what would be the best recommendation or somewhere else recommended at similar price range, many thanks

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Legian???

Kumala Pantai, then All Seasons, then Baleka, I have stayed at all 3. The Kumala Pantai is by far the best, the All Seasons is very sterile and has nothing to suit a 16 year old, no gardens, a pool in the middle of all rooms and the Baleka is just ordinary in my opinion. The KP is in a great location and has superior pools and rooms are a good size.

Perth
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Legian???

Can't comment on the baleka but I think the Kumala pantai is nicer and is a better position the the all seasons!

Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Legian???

Highly recommend kumala Pantai, great hotel,great position on beach.

Lots to do in vicinity of hotel, great restaurants, shopping and on the beach.

7. Re: Legian???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 05:18