We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which part of Bali suits us best?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Which part of Bali suits us best?

Hi guys!

I'm planning a 4 days 3 nights birthday trip for my husband in February 2014. But I'm not sure which part of Bali should we head to! >.< So below are our interests for you all to help me out...

1.) We love privacy, especially rooms or villas which have an individual pool and preferably, resorts which are quiet.

2.) We would like to be able to stroll around, take a look outside the resort, take walks in nature and do some sight seeing and shopping in their local markets.

3.) My husband loves the sea. We hope to do some snorkelling.

Please help!

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which part of Bali suits us best?

If you tell us your budget we can give some ideas of resorts. The villas at the Ayana Resort in Jimbaran are stunning and very private , there are also many villas with private pools in Seminyak and Sanur. For snorkelling I would look at Amed but you won't be able to shop there so I think Seminyak will suit you best.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which part of Bali suits us best?

Thanks linda52 for replying!

My budget for accommodating will be around S$200 to 250 per night.

I've just briefly went through activities to be done at Bali and I thought water rafting, elephant rides, trekking are must-dos!

Apart from day tours, I would like to be able to head out for food and light shopping easily.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which part of Bali suits us best?

What you are describing is actually Ubud, but it's not near the sea.

A day trip to Amed to snorkel would be easy from Ubud and your trekking, white water rafting and elephants are all close to there as well.

Heaps of choices of restaurants and shopping as well.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
4,721 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which part of Bali suits us best?

I agree with Whinnie, Ubud would tick most of your boxes with the day trip to a nice snorkelling spot.

Cheers Mac

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
545 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which part of Bali suits us best?

Currently in Ubud. And I would agree that it would suit your needs with a day trip for snorkelling.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which part of Bali suits us best?

Hi hi,

I would recommend Ubud though, as well, looking at what you want to do. Bear in mind that the water in a lot of pools (not all) are usually cold(er) than in Singapore.

With your budget it's unfortunately not easy to have a big private pool villa which is within walking distance to shops. Google some villas in Ubud - and see if there is anything that corresponds to what you are looking for - a villa that is more traditional, rustic, modern..? That would help you narrow down your choices and see what fits your budget.

Many hotel cluster type villas also have shuttle services to go to Ubud. If you don't mind that, then you can look at some villas which are slightly further away from Ubud centre itself - and may be cheaper.

You can also take a day trip out to snorkel. Amed might be the nicest from Ubud but do go early in the morning.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which part of Bali suits us best?

Thanks guys! You are a big bunch of blessing!

I guess jade_du is right, I did a search for Ubud resorts with a private pool is not cheap... Most prob will settle with Seminyak. :-)

My itinerary is as follow:

Day 1 - Should be able to reach Bali in afternoon. Will not be signing up for any activities but to rest in the villa, relax in the pool and perhaps do some walking and shopping nearby.

Day 2 - Water rafting & night safari (will most prob take up one afternoon)

Day 3 - Do some trekking or snorkelling

Day 4 - To chill in villa and surroundings and get ready to head home.

What are other must-do activities in Bali? P/s: We are not party animals so always happy to welcome nature walks or sight seeing. :-P

8. Re: Which part of Bali suits us best?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2014, 05:18