We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is there a Duty Free shop at the new Bali airport?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
is there a Duty Free shop at the new Bali airport?

Is there a duty free shop on arrival into Bali and departure? was sooo dissapointed last time i went to Bali and was told there was one when we arrived, but there wasnt and we missed out on having good alcohol for the trip :( someone please be certain, and specific with details

Edited: 18 October 2013, 10:58
Adelaide
Level Contributor
512 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is there a Duty Free shop at the new Bali airport?

Just buy it before you leave Perth.

Kuta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
552 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is there a Duty Free shop at the new Bali airport?

Hi SRCEJE

Welcome to the forum.

There is no duty free on arrival in Bali it is better to buy in Perth while waiting at the boarding gate.

As there is a new terminal I do not know about duty free.

But the old terminal prices where not a lot cheaper than Perth.

We stop at the duty free before customs on the way back and then the line up at customs is not so busy.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is there a Duty Free shop at the new Bali airport?

There is duty free at the departures terminal at the new airport but as of 2weeks ago it had very limited stock. Prices for alcohol seemed much cheaper than Perth.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is there a Duty Free shop at the new Bali airport?

Great! thanks for the info, think I will just get it from Perth before I leave.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
699 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: is there a Duty Free shop at the new Bali airport?

I left on Wednesday night and the duty free is huge and now full of stock. They had lots of people stocking up shelves everywhere I was very surprised after reading the things posted on TA but I guess they are improving by the minute.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is there a Duty Free shop at the new Bali airport?

Hmmm can I stock up in Perth AND in Bali for duty free alcohol? :-p

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
546 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is there a Duty Free shop at the new Bali airport?

you can buy in Perth but you have to drink that before you come home. Sometimes you get away with bringing it back but most of the time they takeit off you at the airport. if you do get it through the bali airport then it will count towards your 2.5L allowance when getting to perth.

we usually only buy a little on the way over as we find we like to be out and about drinking rather then drink our own. if we do have left over usually give it to locals as they appreciate it rather then have it taken off me at the airport & then buy in Perth when we land. Bali departure dutyfree is slightly cheaper if you want to most popular stuff but Perth has a much bigger range.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
292 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: is there a Duty Free shop at the new Bali airport?

In October the DFS duty free shop at Ngurah Rai was in a temporary, open plan, location with a very small range of liquours. Hopefully when they move into their actual shop they'll have a larger range.

I was hoping to buy some liqueurs on departure, as I've found that prices outside of Australian can be cheaper (on certain items), however it was not to be. But if you don't find what you're looking for you can always buy that item on arrival back in Aus.

But getting back to buying liquor for the vacation, as mentioned above Ngurah Rai doesnt have a DFS on arrival. Not sure if there are any plans for one in the future. Let's hope so.

Here's a link with info on duty free on arrival: www.dutyfreeonarrival.com/en/airport/280

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: is there a Duty Free shop at the new Bali airport?

Thanks Greent, but I do know about the allowances. I was just being tongue in cheek about buying both in Perth and at Bali airport at arrivals.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,225 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: is there a Duty Free shop at the new Bali airport?

Good info everyone !!!!!

Cheers Mac