We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Booked but new TA reviews not so good.

Mackay, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Booked but new TA reviews not so good.

Hi Guys/Girls

We have booked Villa Abadi - 3 bedroom for 12 nights in May 2014. ($485 per night) At the time all reviews seemed good on Trip Advisor and we were happy with our choice. Two recent reviews this month have us worried. They mentioned Villa is understaffed, run down, not clean, fridge not working, maggots and blocked toilets. I have emailed the Villa Management with my concerns, they have mentioned the local manager has been replaced and maintenance issues addressed but nothing specific. We have travelled to bali a few times but this time we are taking our parents with us who are first timers to Bali. Has anyone else experienced a similar situation? Would love some advise on what we could do. I'm tempted to ask for our booking to be transferred to another Villa. Any suggestions?

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,563 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Booked but new TA reviews not so good.

Have you pointed out the reviews to management?

Have you paid?

Sometimes people have champagne taste on a beer budget but those points sound valid and it's not cheap to stay.

Can you send a personal message to the people that did those reviews and ask more?

Is someone you know going to Bali that can go check it out?

Hmmm if it were me, I wouldnt be taking the chance.

Mackay, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Booked but new TA reviews not so good.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have emailed management. There response was things can go wrong from time to time and they are aware of the reviews on TA. (Although they haven't been responded to on TA yet.) They have changed the local manager and all maintenance issues have been addressed. They didn't specific what though. Yes at almost $500 a night I expect the villa to be clean and staffed well. We have stayed in similar villas beforehand so we have an idea on what to expect. We have paid a deposit of 30% which was approx $1700. I may try contacting the people who have left the reviews as I don't know anyone who is going over that can check them out prior. Thanks for the tip.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Booked but new TA reviews not so good.

Nellie

Those last two in October were not good reviews at all

What is the policy on refunds? I'm sure if you cancelled 7 months away you should be entitled to a full refund on your deposit.

I would be concerned especially if you are taking your parents.

I would be expecting a clean well staffed villa for those prices.

Mackay, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Booked but new TA reviews not so good.

I think I will have a look at the booking terms. I mentioned in my email to management that I would be interested in transferrin villas or a refund but nothing was offered in their reply, just issues addressed etc. We are also taking our 6 and 3 year old children. Yes the reviews aren't good. Maggots aren't something i wish to have my children around. The booking was done through Serene Villas who manage the Abadi Villas. Has anyone been through this before?

Waiheke Island, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Booked but new TA reviews not so good.

It is always best to book villas that comes from personal referrals. TA is normally a good reference point but sometimes its hard to work out which reviews are genuine or if someone has a gripe. For that sort of price its not very encouraging and if you have reservations I think its safer to cancel!!

Perth
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Booked but new TA reviews not so good.

The fact that management have acknowledged the maintenance issues lends credence to the reviews. The question then becomes one of trust as to whether the committed fixes will eventuate. I've visited one of the Serene Villa properties, quite a while ago now but it was in very good condition and well maintained. At the time they owned most of the villas in their portfolio and also had a successful furniture business. Were it me, I'd give them a call and talk to the boss. Then make a decision.

Shanghai, China
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa Booked but new TA reviews not so good.

Hi Neille, I hope that you've managed to overcome your issues and that you have a great time in Bali. Just to note, as you have mentioned later on in the conversation, you are referring to Abadi Villas rather than Villa Abadi, which is a villa owned my myself and my husband near Canggu, also listed on Flipkey/Tripadvisor. The confusion often happens, which is great when it's positive, but unfortunate when it relates to guest issues! I hope that you don't mind me clarifying for everyone.

8. Re: Villa Booked but new TA reviews not so good.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2014, 06:20