We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali weather forecast for next week... help !!!!!

Sydney
Level Contributor
119 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Bali weather forecast for next week... help !!!!!

Dear Trip Advisors

I am thinking of jumping on a cheap flight on Sunday for a 5 day holiday in Bali. Ive been many many times to Bali, but never this time of year and have a question about the weather there now.

I have looked at the weather forecast and there seems to be a lot rain and/or thunderstorms coming up over the next 10 days. Is that all day or just an hour down pour and then sunny again? If it is generally raining all day I will probably think twice about going.

Is there anyone over there at the moment who can help or others that can offer an opinion??

Thank you kindly

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
599 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali weather forecast for next week... help !!!!!

I am off tomorrow and frankly I don't care if it rains I was there in May and it rained every day but I still had a great time and will this time too :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali weather forecast for next week... help !!!!!

Wouldn't worry about it. There are always storms this time of year which normally only last an hour.

Beachmere, Australia
Destination Expert
for Ubud
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali weather forecast for next week... help !!!!!

We are just starting to get a shower or two at night in Ubud. I would imagine that if it does rain over the next 10 days or so it will only be the occasional one or two - very doubtful that it would be rain all day, or even that it would inconvenience you. I see it as a great dust-settler!

Come on over - Bali is looking beautiful with all the penjor going up today for Galungan.

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali weather forecast for next week... help !!!!!

Like you I check the weather reports leading up to my Bali holiday however even though it often says storms most often they are few and far between. So just go and enjoy!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
315 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali weather forecast for next week... help !!!!!

I was there from 10th till 19th October and did not see one drop of rain.

Sydney
Level Contributor
119 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bali weather forecast for next week... help !!!!!

Dear all thank you for your help!! I shall check the flights again and if still cheap, I may just book :-)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
213 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bali weather forecast for next week... help !!!!!

We have been here since last Tuesday the 15th and it has been beautiful. Apparently the local news have been saying it has been a heat wave. This morning it absolutely belted from 4.30 till 6.00 this was the first rain we have seen and it knocked out the power for quite a while.

That was the first power outage since we have been here, it must have been out in places for a few hours as there were generators still going when we went for a walk at 10 this morning

After about 8am it has again been a beautiful day.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
254 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bali weather forecast for next week... help !!!!!

I also checked the 14 day forecast for Bali a couple of weeks back on a number of weather websites and all were predicting thunderstorms, clouds and rain. I was there last week up until yesterday and there were no thunderstorms, no rain and no clouds, except last Tuesday where it was overcast in the afternoon but that cleared up.

It seems that Bali is experiencing a bit of a drought. For the first time ever, in all my trips to Bali over the years, I didn't see any rain. The humidity was very low too! And there was this amazing ocean breeze blowing almost all day long, every day, which made it really pleasant. Usually you're dripping with sweat all day, even in the shade, however due to the low humidity this didn't happen.

The evenings were amazingly. Full moon, nice breeze, clear starry night, candlelit restaurants ... ahhhh. :)

The sun is still very intense though, so make sure you use sunblock or cover up.

Anyway, don't worry about the weather. You will love it!!! :D

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Lombok
Level Contributor
2,852 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bali weather forecast for next week... help !!!!!

Bali is not a small place, it can be bucketing down in one place and bone dry somewhere else. If its raining too much where you are, move somewhere drier. Hope you get your cheap fares

Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bali weather forecast for next week... help !!!!!

Hi...exactly this time last year I visited Bali & got caught up in all the weather sites checking like a crazy woman. Basically they all predicted the usual thunderstorms. During my actual holiday of two weeks (inland & coastal) there was not a single drop of rain! In the end I was actually hoping for a bit of rain! Weather will happen, have a great holiday!