We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Bali. Suggested Places to Visit

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
First time to Bali. Suggested Places to Visit

I will be travelling to Bali next month and will be staying at Jimbaran for 3D/2N. Its my first time in Bali. I have hired a driver for 8 hours a day. I intend to spend a day in Ubud to explore the rice terrace fields. And maybe visit Uluwatu as well and chill out at Ku de Ta.

Any other suggested places I should visit for a first timer? I am trying to plan my itinerary.

Cheers

First time bali traveller

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,653 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Bali. Suggested Places to Visit

Take a look at the things to do list , top right of page. Also the day trip suggestions.

It depends what you want to do.

Shopping ? Bike ride? Etc etc

Brisbane
Level Contributor
35 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Bali. Suggested Places to Visit

Hi there I am currently staying at Pullman Legian. This is my first time to Bali and I dont want to go home. We usually travel to Phuket. I highly recommend going to the Rock Bar in Jimbaran and definately half a day and lunch at Finns Beach resort. You will not be

disappointed if you like yummy food and beautiful water to swim in. Next favourite was Potatoe Head. Again we arrived at opening when it wasnt busy and had another yummy lunch. Also loved La Lucciola restaurant in Seminyak. This was another big highlight followed by Ku De Ta. Anway everything in Bali is fantastic even the cheap Bintang on the beach watching the sunset. Too many nice place and not enough time. We will be back.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
35 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Bali. Suggested Places to Visit

Hi there I am currently staying at Pullman Legian. This is my first time to Bali and I dont want to go home. We usually travel to Phuket. I highly recommend going to the Rock Bar in Jimbaran and definately half a day and lunch at Finns Beach resort. You will not be

disappointed if you like yummy food and beautiful water to swim in. Next favourite was Potatoe Head. Again we arrived at opening when it wasnt busy and had another yummy lunch. Also loved La Lucciola restaurant in Seminyak. This was another big highlight followed by Ku De Ta. Anway everything in Bali is fantastic even the cheap Bintang on the beach watching the sunset. Too many nice place and not enough time. We will be back.

Level Contributor
493 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Bali. Suggested Places to Visit

Tanah lot, kintamani and kuta is the answer.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
4 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Bali. Suggested Places to Visit

3D2N is simply too short. Seize the day, then.

I guess you'll be going to Ubud on D2? We went with private driver (under Putu's team @driverinkuta) left Kuta at 10am and back at 6+ pm. It costs us 450k rp.

We've been to Goa Gajah (okay), holy water temple (eye opener), tegalallang rice terrace (too touristy) and had our late lunch at Bu Oka babi guling.

Worth the trip.

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,642 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to Bali. Suggested Places to Visit

Hi!

I would not include Kintamani in such a short trip! A long drive and while the view is beautiful, sadly the food at the restaurants and the hawkers are best avoided, especially on a first trip!

On your way back from Ubud, time allowing you could include Tanah Lot, even though Bali is a "small" island, traffic conditions mean that journeys take a long time and I am certain, given such a short time, that you also want to relax and enjoy leisurely meals at Ku De Ta and others!

Enjoy your trip!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time to Bali. Suggested Places to Visit

With such a short trip places like Kintamani aren't a good idea at all. It's way too touristy, the hawkers are very aggressive, it takes too long to get too with nothing much of other interest on the way there and back, and chances are in wet season you won't be able to see anything because of the clouds anyway.

Uluwatu is a good choice. Try to get to the Jatiluwih Rice Terraces instead of Tegalallang. You could do a day trip up to Bedugal via Jatiluwih. This trip will allow you see quite a few different aspects of Bali, local markets, an amazing temple, wild monkeys, small villages. You could end your day in Ubud for a lovely dinner. This way you will see Ubud Centre (as opposed to the whole of Ubud) when it's quiet and serene and not gridlocked with bus loads of tourists like it is most days during the day.

To really experience Ubud you need to stay out of the centre, in the rice fields and mountains and explore all the little villages that make up the Ubud area. A day trip to Ubud really won't do it justice.

Avoid Kuta unless you want to spend your precious time being hassled and in traffic.

If you do go to Tanah Lot don't go for sunset. It's too touristy and busy, the traffic to get there is a waste of your short time frame. Go in the morning, but if you are going to Uluwatu and do end up in Bedugal there really won't be much need to see Tanah Lot, unless you really want to.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time to Bali. Suggested Places to Visit

Hi,

Bali is MUCH bigger than Singapore. Give yourself more than an hour to get to Ubud. Accoding to some websites, it's 43km from Jimbaran to Ubud. So that means it's longer than Changi Airport Terminal 1 to Vivo City(21 km) and back again and we're just altking distance here and not about the condition of the roads.

I don't know what time you get in depart and not sure what you want to do - just go out all day, not relax? If you arrive in the afternoon, then just hang around Jimbaran and do Uluwatu that day? Because Ubud to Uluwatu will be a long drive.

You can do Ubud then chill out at Ku De Ta and Uluwatu either on the day you arrive or another day...

What you can squeeze in depends on your arrival and departure time as well, since you are probably doing Ubud on Day 2...

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: First time to Bali. Suggested Places to Visit

Hi Jade,

Thanks for your suggestions. I will be departing from Bali at 9pm flight . I get in to Bali at about noon time.

Cheers

singapore
Level Contributor
37 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First time to Bali. Suggested Places to Visit

Hello Vivienne,

Actually 3D2N in Bali is barely enough :)

If you like shopping and browsing, I would suggest that you spend 1 day in Seminyak.

There are many nice restaurants in the area to try too. I recently had meals in Merah Putih, and Petitenget and they were both lovely. Do try Naughty Nuris as well.

Other than Ku De Ta, do go to Potato Head Beach Club for a look see.

You must also try the massages at one of the day spas. The massages are really value for money compared to those in Singapore.

If you are into watersports, you may also want to check out the watersports activities in Jimbaran.

Have fun in Bali!