We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JBR seminyak Oct 21-30

Perth
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
JBR seminyak Oct 21-30

Well all thought I'd bump out a quick JBR. I had planned on doing HNR but think I only managed one.

This is only going to be a very basic account of our trip as I have worked out that my last few trips have become much less about traveling and much more about holidaying! by that I'm admitting there's probably so much more of Bali to see and experience (and the world for that matter) but I am currently content to spend my time off in total relaxation in familiar surroundings.

We usually stay in a villa at the beach end of jl sarinande in seminyak. I love the fact that it's a 100m stroll to the beach, coming right out at the royal seminyak beach resort. this time however we had 4 others joining us for the middle 5 days of our 9 day trip so we let them stay in the villa and we stated next door at villa kresna in a suite. Great little hotel with only 12 rooms!

I spend most of my days on the beach lounges in front of the RSB, reading chatting to the locals and surfing in the late afternoon. I haven't surfed in Perth for over 10 years and I am only average but the surf along here is so perfect or what I am looking for.

Most of day was planned around where the next meal would be. Here is a quick run down.

Ginger moon - lunch was amazing. Went back for dinner when the others arrived and it was just not as impressive. I would say check it out at lunch!

Bianco-always good food but never really anyone in here. I would have to say the best and freshest spring rolls in Bali. Let me know if you think you've had better after trying theirs as I'm still yet to find any.

Sea circus - love the soft tacos.

Ryoshi- such good Japanese.

Teppenyaki at the Padma - amazing. Such high quality seafood and meat.

Mulia brunch- been to st Regis before and I would say the food might be slightly better at st Regis but now Mulia includes an Italian sparking wine and cocktails in their alcohol package. Given we were their for 4 hours this is very good value for money.

Italian at KP- always nice and the dancers are great entertainment.

Kresna art cafe- good for quick meals, when we didn't want to go to far.

D'Base at breezes- horrible. Just stay well away.

Y bar and galaxy bars - good spot for husband minding

The first few mornings involved some 5 km beach runs, then something got hold of my husband on the Friday night and he went home very ill. I stayed out with the others Bur after an hour went home to check on him. Sounded very similar To what Suzan 5 had with the shakes and vomiting. I started to fear dengue but then a few hours later I joined in. We were out of action for about 24 hours but the worst of it was over after about 8 hours. I don't think it was anything we ate as you seem to know exactly what it was when you have food poisoning. I think it was probably just some bug and we had let our guard down sonewhere in regards to hygiene.

After this little set back I also had a bit of a stack which resulted in a very bruised and swollen foot. I would like to say I fell down a hole in the foot path...but if you read the part about Mulia brunch and a 4 hour beverage package, you'll probably get a better idea of what happened.

This took me out of any further running and but I did manage to surf again on my last day.

Shopping wise was pretty tame. I did do a mad dash in to kuta one day (hate the place generally) as I needed to get something for a friend at bagus watches (I got a lot of things, I actually really liked this place once I got off the bottom floor).

Also bought a nice dress from uluwatu lace for about $125, and the other girls got some nice leather stuff made at dolphin leather and another leather shop in seminyak. (which I had to bring home as it wasn't ready in the short time frame they gave them).

Also got 1 long and 1 extra long bean bag for outside. From jaya pillows on Padma

Flew jetstar and will continue to do so with their price beat and great flying times. Only ever had one issue but that is the chance you take with low budget but for me it means I get there more often!

Well that's about it. Back to work tomorrow and start looking at when I can sneak up again for a few days. Any questions...fire away!

Amazing Bali Driver - Bali Driver and Tour Service
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Shopping Tours, City Tours
Ubud Shopping Street
Gift & Speciality Shops
Bali Driver Tour Service - Day Tours
Water Sports, Coffee & Tea Tours, Private Tours, Shopping Tours
Ganesha Bookstore
Gift & Speciality Shops
Brisbane
Level Contributor
793 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JBR seminyak Oct 21-30

Thanks Hunter03. Nice JBR

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,344 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JBR seminyak Oct 21-30

Cheers Hunter, and bad luck about the foot and mouth issues, hope you're on the mend.

I know exactly what you mean about some travels being more about being on holiday than traveling, nothing wrong with that, we all need to recharge the batteries.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,254 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JBR seminyak Oct 21-30

Thanks Hunter,

Glad that you had a great time after the ills.

Cheers Mac

Perth
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JBR seminyak Oct 21-30

Haha noodleboy, I think mad cow was probably the cause of the foot issues....

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,725 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JBR seminyak Oct 21-30

Thanks Hunter! Your style of writing made me feel as if I was shadowing you!!! Cheers!

Australia
Level Contributor
298 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JBR seminyak Oct 21-30

where did you buy the uluwatu lace dress please? thanks

New Zealand
Level Contributor
520 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JBR seminyak Oct 21-30

Thanks for writing your JBR nice to read about your trip :)

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,344 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: JBR seminyak Oct 21-30

Hi Beemay - there are Uluwatu lace shops all around Bali:

www.uluwatu.co.id/index.php…

Mentioned in this post
Uluwatu
Uluwatu
Bali, Indonesia
Perth
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: JBR seminyak Oct 21-30

Haha, I got excited to read another JBR and then got disappointed when I saw the author.

At least I can answer my last point about sneaking up....only 6 nights but going in late May cant wait!

Bee may I actually got my dress when I did my mad dash to Kuta but nice to know they have other stores as HNB has pointed out in case you don't want to head in there.

Mentioned in this post
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Australia
Level Contributor
298 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: JBR seminyak Oct 21-30

hahah thats funny, sorry about that lol thanks to the both of you for your replies. hubby and i are going for a month this time. probably the last for several years, the house needs some work done :(