We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Denpasar Airport

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Denpasar Airport

Can anyone let me know how the new airport doing and does it have Fast Track now for business class travellers?

Also is that awful Prada Lounge still operating for Qatar Airways Business Class Travellers?

Ta so much

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Denpasar Airport

Prada lounge is in the old terminal so no you won't be using that.

Perth , Australia
Destination Expert
for Denpasar
Level Contributor
3,445 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Denpasar Airport

There are many threads on the topic of the new airport.

Most reports are not very favorable.

In the search box at the top of the forum page type "Denpasar airport".

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Denpasar Airport

Yes they can fast track you, but the only lounge available is for Garuda and even that is just a seating area, tip eat before you go to the airport and no smokeing areas as of yet.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Denpasar Airport

No change there then. Thanks

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Denpasar Airport

No change there then. Thanks

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Denpasar Airport

I had the pleasure of using the airport last night...

I don't know the nice way of saying this and I have been to some pretty bad airports but this one takes the cake

How would I describe New Bali airport and the people within the airport ?

Inefficient

No work ethics

Seriously no offense to the people of Indonesia, but efficiency and steam line lacks in the building and its not the airports fault or the renovations / the building going on but rather the staff just don't seem willing to help or want to work any faster then they have too.

I've been to some bad airports in my Day but this one just takes the award for being the most unhelpful and Inefficient.

not to mention the duty free staff.. What a joke.

They could learn a thing or two from Dubai / Singapore airport.. Oh how I love Singapore airport :|

PERTH
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Denpasar Airport

This Airport got rushed to be opened for APEC and is possibly 1 year early. It will take at least 12 more months for it to come on line fully. I do know half the infrastructure is still at least 6 months away. Very sad really. Don't blame the workers and the staff that are just as confused as we are, feel their pain as well.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
6,995 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Denpasar Airport

I went through the new terminal in October and if this is your worst experience then you are lucky.

It is IMO already better than the old terminal and it's still operating well below capacity as it was rushed into action for the APEC conference.

Any airport would suffer in comparison to Changi or Schipol.

Why is it that when someone has something offensive to say they start with "No offense" ?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Denpasar Airport

We used the new terminal recently - IN 12/11, OUT 19/11 and while there was a touch of nostalgic yearning and a Marcel Proust moment when we passed the old terminal, the new model represents a vast improvement.

VOA was almost instantaneous - A$56, change in Rupiah. There were queues for immigration but we were in the car (inc. changing some money) exactly 1:05 after the wheels hit the tarmac.

As an aside, my wife got done by a porter for the first time ever. Mind you, it's only her 6th visit so she is still a bit wet behind the ears - she thought he was from the villa. He trundled two bags - a smallish suitcase weighing ~15kg and my carry -on about 100m and then asked for "Australian" money while showing me 2 x $20 notes. The clear implication was that I should give him at least a twenty. The look on his face when I handed over the obligatory 20k was priceless and he actually said "but but that's only $2". I simply smiled and said "and you've only moved two light bags 100m - let's call it a draw shall we"

Departure was a breeze, even with a gate change due to a late departure of a China Airlines Jumbo. Used air bridges both ways so no buses required. Plenty of seats and toilets if you're prepared to walk 50m in either direction. Toilets themselves get a 4.5 out of 5.0 on our patented "bali dunny scale" and were cleaner than the those at Perth airport.

Sure, the opening has been rushed and there is still much to be completed and fine-tuned but to my mind, it's all moving in the right direction. Based on our experience I tend to be a little dismissive of the "worst airport ever" brigade, but I do acknowledge that experiences will differ, especially when you're tired and emotional pre or post a long flight!

The only things I didn't like were the second hand carpet and the really annoying carry-on baggage check one still endures prior to boarding.

10. Re: Denpasar Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2014, 05:16