We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport report

Level Contributor
237 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Airport report

Well hello! Have returned from 6 magical nights. My first solo trip! I was concerned about the airport as it has gone through the new changes. Arrival easy peasy. Bused from plane straight inside to VOA the directly in front of that is immigration. Took about an hour but about 3 planes had arrived and not all of the desks were open but it was air conditioned so quite comfortable. Bags were next then X-Ray no lines at all

Departure was X-ray first took around 40mins

Then Checkin 5mins

Then departure tax 5 mins

Then X-ray again 5mins

Then immigration 10 mins

Some Duty Free available but no restaurants just food stands. I found it just fine seating was a little short on but the floor was an option all looked fairly clean

I heard people complaining about lines an so forth but really not that bad

Happy travels people!

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport report

Thanks for the update Abchari

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,833 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport report

Hi Abchari, thanks for the update. Could you please inform us of your arrival time and departure time as it gives members an idea of what to expect if they are arriving and departing aprox same time.

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport report

we left saturday night paid a porter and he took us right to the checkin and loaded our bags on to get weighted. we didnt have to touch them from getting out of our transport till we got to sydney airport. there are 2 gates to get into the airport and everyone was lined up at the first, he just took us around to the other one and walk straight through. well worth the 30,000rp. inside everyone was crowded around gate 1 and 2 but plenty of seats around gates 5 and 6. i walked down there to the toilets at gate 5 and there was no one there but the line outside gates 1 and 2 were right out to the waiting area.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
5,095 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport report

Hey Abchari

Thanks for the info & Stimpy glad that you had a great holiday & you were well informed enough to find the vacant toilets,

Cheers Mac

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,755 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport report

Thanks for the update,it is starting to sound a lot better.

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport report

yeah mac had a great time at bali sanur beach villas, it pays to keep your ear to the ground (or is that nose)

to find good toilets.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport report

Thanks for the update. With each person's report, it seems to be flowing smoother and smoother. Hda to expect teething problems and hiccups when they first open. I am soooooooo looking forward to arrival, but soooooooooo not for departure! Not for any issues, but just cause I will be leaving and coming back to reality! :-P

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
5,095 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport report

Hey Stimp,

Were you just trying something new or did you get turned of off the Griya?

Cheers Mac

Level Contributor
237 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport report

Hi arrival time 1.30 flew Garuda from Melbourne

Departure 10.55 Garuda arrived at airport 8.30

I agree that the people complaining about the airport in departures are just sad to be going back to reality!

Honestly this being my first solo journey anywhere I was anxious but I assure you if I can do it anyone can!

Toilets were all over the place. Snack food accessible and the coffee was good too!

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport report

mac worked out cheaper than the griya and had our own pool. griya still good though.