We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYE 2013 in Bali/Kuta - any ideas?

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
NYE 2013 in Bali/Kuta - any ideas?

Hi all,

Me and 4 friends are landing in Bali on 31st December and staying in South Kuta for 3 days. We literally have no idea where to go for New Years Eve - if any one has any recommendations, I'd be very grateful! Looking for somewhere fun to party but maybe not with too many youngsters (we're all in our 30s).

Cheers.

Queensland
Level Contributor
525 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYE 2013 in Bali/Kuta - any ideas?

Kuta's roads get closed around 6pm to traffic.

You will need to find somewhere within walking distance, as even if you are in an area that still has open roads the traffic is an utter nightmare. It will takes hours to go a few klms.

It is extremely busy with foreigners as well as Indonesians from the other islands also descend on Bali for NYE.

Just wander around and pick somewhere - there is fireworks everywhere and dancing in the streets and on the beach.

Great experience, wish I was going again.

ps (if you are getting into bali late afternoon check that you will be able to get to your hotel due to the road closures, or you may need to book 1 night somewhere else)

Queensland
Level Contributor
525 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NYE 2013 in Bali/Kuta - any ideas?

Kuta's roads get closed around 6pm to traffic.

You will need to find somewhere within walking distance, as even if you are in an area that still has open roads the traffic is an utter nightmare. It will takes hours to go a few klms.

It is extremely busy with foreigners as well as Indonesians from the other islands also descend on Bali for NYE.

Just wander around and pick somewhere - there is fireworks everywhere and dancing in the streets and on the beach.

Great experience, wish I was going again.

ps (if you are getting into bali late afternoon check that you will be able to get to your hotel due to the road closures, or you may need to book 1 night somewhere else)

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NYE 2013 in Bali/Kuta - any ideas?

Great advice, very helpful. Thanks a lot! Looks like we want to stay in Seminyak instead, would we likely have the same problems?

Queensland
Level Contributor
525 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NYE 2013 in Bali/Kuta - any ideas?

Roads not closed but again you need to pick venue within walking distance and a lot of accommodation in Seminyak is not within walking distance of the restaurants.Travel by taxi NOT an option on NYE traffic horrendous

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,915 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NYE 2013 in Bali/Kuta - any ideas?

Be prepared to walk from your accommodation to your NYE venue. Traffic is basically grid locked all over Tuban, Kuta, Legian and Seminyak, not to mention slow to get in and around any of the southern tourist areas.

Since you are staying in south kuta (tuban) you will find places to walk to from there. You will have access to all the happenings on the beach and there will be enough places with some form of entertainment. You can also walk up into kuta.

IF you want to go somewhere in Seminyak then you are better off staying there and ensuring your accommodation is within walking distance. It would be a good idea to book now IF the place you want to spend the night is a popular up market venue.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NYE 2013 in Bali/Kuta - any ideas?

Hi all,

Really helpful, can't thank you enough. How is Legian? Good place for NYE/generally? Thinking of that as an alternative.

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: NYE 2013 in Bali/Kuta - any ideas?

Hi I will also be in Bali for NYE, I am unsure about what I will be doing exactly either.

Am staying in Legian so looks like the smart thing is not to travel too far from accommodation. Thanks Snookystraveltips.

8. Re: NYE 2013 in Bali/Kuta - any ideas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2014, 05:16