We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Legian's beanbag beach bars on New year's eve

Perth
Level Contributor
159 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Legian's beanbag beach bars on New year's eve

Hello,

Still trying to decide where to go for an informal early NY's eve dinner. With 2 young kids I thought it may be fun to just have dinner at one of the bean bag places on Legian beach, so they can play in the sand while we relax and enjoy the sunset (subject to dry weather ;)).

I have read that the beach can become dangerous on NY's eve due to fireworks going off etc., so should we be OK if we have our dinner around 6pm? Obviously want to avoid any risk of getting hurt. But hoping the craziness doesn't start until later as being on the beach seems much nicer than a crowded restaurant, especially with the kids.

Hoping anyone who's been in the area on NY's eve can share their experience :-)

With thanks

Scoofy

Perth
Level Contributor
159 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Legian's beanbag beach bars on New year's eve

Bump :) Has anyone been in this area at NYE?

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Legian's beanbag beach bars on New year's eve

It will be packed from around 5pm , maybe earlier . People stay at the beach for sunset and a good spot to stay and celebrate.

Turramurra, New...
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Legian's beanbag beach bars on New year's eve

I spent some time last NYE from about 9.00pm on the beach just near Chez Gado Gado, it was pretty chaotic with fireworks being set off non-stop, although there were lots of small kids around (locals) I'm not sure I would want my own to be there from a safety viewpoint, but I'm sure they would remember it for the rest of their lives!

Edited: 24 November 2013, 06:17
Perth
Level Contributor
159 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Legian's beanbag beach bars on New year's eve

Thanks for your replies. I think we'll go and have a look before sunset and then head to safer grounds once the sun has set! I will post about our experience next year :-)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Legian's beanbag beach bars on New year's eve

Fireworks will be going all nightlong so if your hotel is near the beach you will be able to see them -- hope you are sound sleepers!!!!!

6. Re: Legian's beanbag beach bars on New year's eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2014, 06:18