We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

40 yr old woman travelling to Bali in Dec 2013

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
40 yr old woman travelling to Bali in Dec 2013

Hi,

I'm struggling to make a decision about where to book my accomodation which I need for 5 nights coming up in December. I've been to bali 3 times already, mainly stayed in Legian, Seminyak & Ubud. Each time I've had company, this is the first trip on my own.

I'm going for 2 weeks this time, I have booked a yoga health retreat in Ubud for 1 week. I've booked 2 nights accom in Lovina (north Bali) for after the retreat. It's the first 5 nights of my holiday that I'm unsure where else to stay?

I want a minimum 3 star accomodation, not secluded as I'd like to feel like I have company...I'm happy to stay in Legian, Seminyak or any other destination suggested which is good for a solo woman traveller. I like to watch a band or show too. Don't need a 5 star hotel boutique, just 3 to 4 star accom. I've read a lot of comments on here that suggest staying in a smaller hotel as there's more chance of meeting other solo travellers. What do people think?

Many thanks, Jo

1. Re: 40 yr old woman travelling to Bali in Dec 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 November 2013, 07:35
Maroochydore...
Level Contributor
608 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 40 yr old woman travelling to Bali in Dec 2013

Look at the Rama Garden in Legian. Small hotel in a great position.

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,661 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 40 yr old woman travelling to Bali in Dec 2013

You could also consider Bali Niksoma, a bit further north on Jalan Padma Utara, but on the beach so easy walking to restaurants/cafes etc.

Febris in Tuban, Green Garden also, not far from Discovery and on the beach as well

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
921 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 40 yr old woman travelling to Bali in Dec 2013

2nd rama garden in good spot

Perth, WA
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
4,910 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 40 yr old woman travelling to Bali in Dec 2013

Pearl Hotel might suit you - border of Legian and Seminyak.

london
Level Contributor
971 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 40 yr old woman travelling to Bali in Dec 2013

If you like snorkelling or diving I can highly recommend Lembongan Island, the area around Tulamben or best of all the Gili Islands. If you haven't already done so , you can get Open Water dive certified in four days .....you will meet loads and loads of cool people of all ages and occupations diving.

Have a wonderful time

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 40 yr old woman travelling to Bali in Dec 2013

Thank you all kindly, I will be looking up all of your suggestions and I appreciate your time in replying to my request for suggestions. Much appreciated, Jo

Edited: 30 November 2013, 11:56
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 40 yr old woman travelling to Bali in Dec 2013

I would definately recommend Rama Garden, top location and the staff will look after you, especially because you are on your own, we stayed there recently and loved it, the best money changer across the street, very honest, but do check out Legends bar around the corner, they have great nights there just sit at the bar, the staff will chat away to you and the shows are fantastic, very entertaining, be sure to look up their website and check out the show nights

Don't ask the Rama where the Legends bar is as they get Amnesia LOL They want you to spend all your time with them

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
266 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 40 yr old woman travelling to Bali in Dec 2013

I stayed on my own in Sanur in July for several nights and found it very relaxing and easy going. I wandered out to various places in evening for meal and found bands playing (my age music.. late 40's!).

Sanur just felt right and it was my first time staying over there....liked the nice slow pace, safe n comfortable feel, easy shopping, Bamboo cooking school and beach walk path. I stayed at Puri Sading but there are lots of other places in same area that are nice.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
850 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 40 yr old woman travelling to Bali in Dec 2013

I second that I think sanur would be perfect for you great places to eat and the music it great I find kuta a bit full on at times but still like to go out and have a drink or listen to some music great hotels over there to .And the Puri Sanding is beautiful close to everything.