We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

An ode to Ethical Nutrients Travel Bug

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
83 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
An ode to Ethical Nutrients Travel Bug

Hi all

At risk of providing too much information, both my partner and I have dodgy tummies at the best of times, even at home, and we both had to deal with some tummy issues when we last travelled to Asia. However, we travelled to Bali in October and this time we took Ethical Nutrients Travel Bug. It is a probiotic capsule designed especially for travel - you take one a day 5 days before you leave and then one a day whilst you are on holiday. We did not have any issues at all throughout Bali or Lombok (and even ate a few "naughty" salads etc, and things you often get told to avoid). We met friends in Seminyak for our last 4 nights and everyone got ill except us, even though we all ate the same things.

So there it is - travel bug, highly recommended!

Lauren

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: An ode to Ethical Nutrients Travel Bug

Thanks Loz. We got a dose of Bali belly last time and I'd like to avoid it if possible - there's another preventative that you have to take before each meal which of course I forgot but taking just one a day will be far easier to remember. Will note it down!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
530 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: An ode to Ethical Nutrients Travel Bug

Yes! I can second this too. We took it for 4 weeks while we were in Bali and also in Malaysia. Excellent. And easy too as you just have to take 1 tablet a day. I know a lot of the other types similar to this you need to take 3 times a day around meal time.

I've had food poisoning before and have a bit of a weak stomach. Every time I've been overseas in the last 10 years, which has been to Thailand, I've always ended up with the dreaded dire-rear.

This was the first trip I didn't suffer at all.

It will certainly be something we will take again on our next trip.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
530 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: An ode to Ethical Nutrients Travel Bug

Oh, and I think this would be more reliable than drinking Red Cordial. :-)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
227 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: An ode to Ethical Nutrients Travel Bug

I have used it the last 5 trips to Bali and it is fantastic, and not one problem.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
83 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: An ode to Ethical Nutrients Travel Bug

I'm glad others have found it so good too! I was a little worried that it was all in my head, akin to a placebo effect, but then when our friends all got sick and we didn't I knew we must be on to something good. I'm sure it wouldn't protect from more serious food poisoning, but it definitely did help with the unsettled tummy/new foods sort of issue that I usually face when travelling in Asia :)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
850 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: An ode to Ethical Nutrients Travel Bug

Yep me too have put our children on it have taken them to bali 3 times and only the first time when we didn't have it they got a little sick.

We are leaving in a couple of weeks and told my sister to do the same thing for kids.

Great stuff

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
333 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: An ode to Ethical Nutrients Travel Bug

Agreed, 6 of us took it on our last trip and not one upset stomach......not one hangover either after many bintangs consumed, good stuff!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: An ode to Ethical Nutrients Travel Bug

Good you found something cos being sick would not be a good thing obviously. Sounds a lot better than that travelan. Thanks for sharing

perth
Level Contributor
65 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: An ode to Ethical Nutrients Travel Bug

My Dr recommended this for travelling to Thailand. We have used it on our last 2 trips to Bali and also our Thailand trip and we have not been sick at all even after eating at a couple of dodgy looking Bakso carts. Hopefully it will continue to work for us.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
545 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: An ode to Ethical Nutrients Travel Bug

can you buy it at most chemists? i usually take travelan but always forget- especially after a few bintangs so the once a day would be better.