We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

River Rafting in Bali

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
River Rafting in Bali

We are looking to go river rafting while in Bali and based on the reviews here have narrowed it down to either "Bali Adventure Tours" on the Ayung River or "Sobek Tours" on the Telega river. Hoping you could help us decide.

Bali Safest Driver
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Bali Golden Tour
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Shopping Tours
Good Bali Driver
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Bali Sun Tours
Sightseeing Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: River Rafting in Bali

It doesn't matter which company you choose . I'm sure they both offer both rivers to raft in. If you want more scenic and calmer water choose a tour of the Ayung River. If you like rougher waters choose Telaga Waja.

Google both rivers to see what the rapids are like, it will also depend on the time of year.

Perth
Level Contributor
433 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: River Rafting in Bali

I'm with Linda on this one.

I have rafted both rivers with various different operators.

Some are slightly longer on the river, some have fewer stairs, maybe the food is different - but the rafting is all pretty much the same IMHO...

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
847 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: River Rafting in Bali

Alam Amazing Adventures on the Telaga Waja River are awesome. Longest ride on the river, big jump down a dam wall near the end (but you don't have to do it if you don't want to) and absolutely the least amount of stairs to get back to the restaurant and then to the road. We have done a few different ones and have found them to be the best although Bali Inernational Rafting are terrific too. We booked ours at one of the tour booths on Jalan Padma Utara near the Melasti Beach Resort, about 350,000rp and that was November last year. cheers, Karen

London
Level Contributor
2,539 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: River Rafting in Bali

In the past, I've used both Bali Adventures and Sobek on the Ayung River. Service-wise, I think they're both good and much of a muchness. And although the stairs are steep, the views on the way down and up are great, not to mention good exercise.

Ubud, Indonesia
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: River Rafting in Bali

another brand new Rafting company that you can choose is Toekad Rafting. You may visit the website www.balitoekadrafting.com.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: River Rafting in Bali

Im also planning of rafting again when in bali next week. I've used Bali adventure tours before but keen to hear what other people thing too.

Sydney
Level Contributor
2 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: River Rafting in Bali

We used "Bali Toekad Rafting" last week in the Ayung river and it was very well done and managed. Great rafts of high quality and good equipment. $500,000 Rp PP which included pickup/drop off transfers from hotel plus a hot shower and meal at the end.

A very enjoyable rafting experience with a 10km rafting ride (I had a GPS with me) and low to moderate rapids.

The rapids were not extreme which means you could take children from 7 years and up.

Our guide was great and connected well with all of us. He ensured it was a safe journey.

Long walk to get to start point, say 750 metres + many stairs and a shorter walk out at the end say 500m fairly flat with slight incline. All part of the adventure I say.

Happy to do this again with the kids 7 and 10 next time or would try the tougher rapids without the kids from Telaga Waja.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
292 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: River Rafting in Bali

I've only been rafting in the dry season (with Sobek).

Just wondering if the rapids are a little wilder in the wet season?

Cheers....

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: River Rafting in Bali

we did the telaga river with this company http://telagawajariverrafting.com/ booked through our hotel.

we started right at the start at the river, passing a few other companies starting points. there were hardly any steps going down to the river and the ones you took were through the beautiful rice paddies so it didn't matter. we only paid about $35 AUD with transport, food, everything.

Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: River Rafting in Bali

Done the rafting before but can't remember which one we went with but there was a lot of stairs at the end. This time I'll be taking my 56 year old father and he has a bung knee, is there one without the steps at the end ?? He can walk incline etc but the stair impact jams his knee up.