We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where Should we stay ?

Mumbai (Bombay...
3 posts
Save Topic
Where Should we stay ?

Hi,

Iam visiting Bali for the first time in Feb '14 with my wife. Will there for 5 nights. Need suggestions on where to stay. I have thought of 3 nights in Ubud and two nights at Kutta. But while going through various forums I understood that Kutta is crowded Place. My budget is moderate.

Regards,

Sudhanshu

Bandung, Indonesia
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where Should we stay ?

Legian is better than Kuta if you want to stay away from the night life and the crowds. It's a few kms north of Kuta. Still relatively cheap with accommodation ranging from $12 per night. That said, there are plenty of quiet places in Kuta to choose from as well. Best just check some out on Trip Advisor and read the reviews. If it's in a bad area, you'll soon find out.

Ubud is nice with plenty of cultural things to do but watch out for those "traditional" Indonesian Thai ornaments lol. Prepare for rain here more than in the south.

Good luck.

Brighton, Australia
Level Contributor
247 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where Should we stay ?

Try Tuban, which is the south end of Kuta, go one street back from Jalan Kartika Plaza and you will be quiet but still in the middle of things. Enjoy Bali.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,819 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where Should we stay ?

Kuta is busy, Legian is an extension of Kuta and still busy as well. Seminyak and Tuban are not as busy but will still have you in the same area as Kuta sharing the same stretch of beach. So choose one of these options IF you want to be in a busy area. Otherwise Sanur may suit you better. You still have a beach, far less traffic and a more relaxed atmosphere with plenty of restaurants, shops, spas and places to walk, ride a pushbike or do watersports.

Mumbai (Bombay...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where Should we stay ?

Thanks a lot everyone for this quick revert.

I Planned 3 nights in Ubud and 2 night in Kutta of any other beach. Shall I reduce my stay at Ubud , as it will be a rainy season? Also How would be Jimbaran. I can spend around $ 130 per nite.

Edited: 06 December 2013, 09:27
5. Re: Where Should we stay ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2014, 06:18