We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali Airport Just Arrived

PERTH
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Bali Airport Just Arrived

Just arrived ex Perth Garuda. An absolute first for us there were only 18 people on the flight, yes 18. At least we had great service and good leg room. Arrived at new Terminal via a bus well away from the terminal. Was ready for the long haul, but surprisingly we went through from time of landing 8.30pm to Taxi stand just under 45 minutes. Had one bag searched going through customs ( don't know why as he dropped all the clothes around the place and Mrs Kristofferson's underwear with it ??? funny that. ) Anyway past that we made it through in good time .I felt very lucky in doing so as I have heard so many stories of long waits to get out. I suppose the test will be on the way home ,when we will see how we go. At least they are trying very hard to direct you and assist where they can.

Edited: 07 December 2013, 14:36
Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,539 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali Airport Just Arrived

Thanks for the feedback....happy holiday.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,755 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali Airport Just Arrived

Thats great news.We found leaving was a far quicker process than arriving so i hope you experience the same.

Have a great holiday.

sydney
Level Contributor
18 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali Airport Just Arrived

I am glad to read that the airport is still functioning well and hope you have a great holiday..We went through earlier this year and it was indeed very fast.One airport warning to others..stay away from the baggage handlers unless you have exactly the correct money and even then be careful.They seemed to be run by a rapacious older man who came up later as we were leaving the main hall out of sight of the airport staff and demanded more money aggressively. He took the originally agreed money specified on the signs from the man pushing the trolley..I had recently done my knee in and got help and regretted it as I was tired and unwell and it was unpleasant..had used the service once before with no problem so the service may have been taken over by a gang..There was a real stand over atmosphere to the whole thing..

Also the Commonwealth Bank ATM inside the terminal only has large denominations which are useless for buses and taxis etc..If anyone uses it see if you can get one of the currency trading stalls to change one of the bills for you. If you need change.

Diana

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
10,553 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali Airport Just Arrived

In regards to the larger bills: rp 50,000 and 100,000 are not a problem for taxis..sometimes they will claim they have no small change but stand your ground. At the very least, you can easily buy a bottle of water or small snack at the kiosks outside to get smaller bills. I would not ask money changers to break your money into smaller notes...unless you are actually changing money with them, which I do NOT recommend because of the poor rates they give. Wait until you are outside the airport for money changing.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,336 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali Airport Just Arrived

They searched your bag? I didn't know that happened? Why?

PERTH
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bali Airport Just Arrived

Don't know why ,but it was the most strange experience I have had for a long time. Without getting myself into trouble here, he insisted on Mrs Kristofferson opening her bag ( didn't care about mine) even though we had nothing to declare, and hence went through it item by item. As you have read at my post, most stuff got flung out .One would think many things into it but ,we moved on with thoughts clearing from our minds and a slight giggle with ourselves,., Ah well life is full of surprises and people.

Edited: 08 December 2013, 01:16
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
14,194 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bali Airport Just Arrived

We returned from Bali yesterday and it took 1 1/2 hours to get through to the departure lounge. Arriving was a breeze in comparison.

PERTH
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bali Airport Just Arrived

Oh dear, freogal, I look forward to departures then. I must admit though the Airport is very impressive, Shame Perth never got someone to advise them on how to build an airport of good quality like it.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
14,194 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bali Airport Just Arrived

Exactly. We could also learn a lot from B.I.M.C who I was extremely impressed with. Would be quicker for us to fly to Bali, go to the hospital and return in the time we'd be sitting in emergency in Perth !!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
5,142 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bali Airport Just Arrived

Thanks for the update Kris,

Cheers Mac