We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Bali December 2013

Southampton, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Bali December 2013

Hi,

Me and my family will be staying in Bali for 2 weeks from the 17th of December, I have been checking the weather and looks like it will be stormy lots of the time we are there. Just wondering do the storms pass quickly in Bali or do they stay most of the day?

Ta

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,392 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Bali December 2013

More often than not, we have found they have passed within an hour or two, but there's always exceptions on some days and that's when you can visit museums, galleries, go shopping, or have a very lazy, long lunch somewhere.

Edited: 09 December 2013, 04:42
perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,671 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Bali December 2013

Hi Penguinapple!

The rain in Bali is "warm" compared to any non tropic country! People who are swimming in the hotel pool continue to do so. If you are out and about when a downpour occurs, duck into the nearest cafe/restaurant and have a drink and watch everyone else caught in the rain, until it passes!

Most hotels provide an umbrella in each room for the guests to use, take it with you if the sky looks "dodgy".

Have been to Bali for nearly 30 Christmas/New Years and only twice has the weather been miserable! Once the wind just blew and blew and the other it poured non stop for about 3 days!!! Everyone and everywhere was well and truly waterlogged!

The downpours are short lived, the sky show of the lightning is spectacular especially at night!

I am sure you will have a fun time!

Cheers!

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,746 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Bali December 2013

Yep nothing an umbrella and Havianas won't fix and the storms are often at night and quite lovely to listen to when in bed.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
222 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Bali December 2013

they normally pass pretty quickly.. I dont mind the storms though due to the weather being so warm its almost a relief :)

Australind...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Bali December 2013

We were there last December. Generally we found the rain arrived early to mid afternoon. More often than not, it cleared within an hour. It always made the perfect excuse for us to stop for a drink. We still had plenty of sunshine, enought to get a little sunburn one day!

The only word of warning......it is very very humid in December.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Bali December 2013

We have spent two Xmas New Years in Bali.

It is rainy season so yes expect downpours. New usually make the most of it when the sun is shining and lay by the pool.

Then when the rain comes you can shop or eat or stop for a drink.

It did rain a lot but usually not for long. Still plenty of sunshine in between

And let's face it any time in Bali is great

7. Re: Weather in Bali December 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2014, 06:19