We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations apartment

perth
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Recommendations apartment

Hi all,

Last time we went to Bali as a family we stayed in s private apartment In nusa dua with our 8 week old and 17 month old.

They will be 3 and almost 2 when we go again.

The things I loved about our apartment was it was in a resort so we could use all

The facilities. It had a kitchen so we didn't have to leave for the kids breakfast everyday.

The report had a kids club, even though our kids were too young to use it.

I didn't like the location but loved the paths there compared to other areas.

I don't even like the thought of attempting pushing the pram up in kuta legian areas.

So my question is....

What area would you recommend ?

What apartment ? ( must be in a resort and have 2 or more rooms )

Must also be very reasonably priced we are on a budget

Thank you :-)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
590 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations apartment

Hi Chickenchop, If you are going to be pushing a pram around I would definitely be looking at Sanur. It has a really good pathway along the beach and the beach is also very good for young children. Not sure how much you want to pay, budget to some is high to others. Have a look at the booking sites such as bookings.com, Agoda etc.You may be able to afford a villa ?

perth
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations apartment

Thanks for your reply :-)

I'm hoping for no more than $150 have been looking around but seems I might be dreaming.

Was def wanting a resort style so we can get room service etc

Or are villas and apartments different and both in resorts ?

3. Re: Recommendations apartment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2014, 11:51
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations apartment

I would definitely look into Sanur rather than Umalas - which in my opinion offers little except for rice paddy views and a bit of solitude from the hustle and bustle

Sanur offers the beach, bit more relaxed than Kuta, restaurants etc.

Sometimes you can get 2 bedroom villas within a resort.

Villas are generally more stand alone type buildings and may only be single storey.

Apartments are often in 'block' type buildings, though some can be called apartments but are more like a villa set up

Have a look at the link below for hotels/resorts that have family rooms or 2 bedrooms in Sanur

eg Peneeda View has a 2 bedroom family suite for IDR 1.323.000 on their website

micbali.proboards.com/thread/1229/sanur

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendations apartment

Peneeda is good value and right on the beach.

perth
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendations apartment

Thanks for the info :-)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommendations apartment

Hi there , we have been to Bali many times , and our young children few times too now. In June they were 3.5 yr and 8 months. The last few trips we have stayed at Melasti Beach Resort & Spa in Legian. We get a cottage suite , which has a separate room for the kids. We put baby in room with us & they supplied a cot. Cot was ok , I gave it a wipe over 1st , she slept well thats the main thing on holidays. Some might prefer to take a portacot or hire 1 from a service in Bali. Cottages are very spacious , we get ground floor to avoid stairs & nice terrace area to sit on overlooking the garden. Resort has been having some renovations lately to give a facelift , beachfront restaurant where breaky served totally re-built. Has 3 pools , lovely day spa , kids play room & playground - hire a nanny for the day if you want to relax bit more. As it is a older property , its not everyones choice but suits us and have met some nice other families there AND price is fantastic !

The location is what we also enjoy , the beach path is blocked off to traffic , so great to push strollers and walk to reastaurants along here , lots of shopping at street entrance to hotel and also lots of other nice restaurants around the block and a nice walk ...... alot of the paths have been re-done around here recently , which is another huge plus - we found it alot easier in June / no problems with strollers.

Alot of families also stay at Padma which is the next resort , its beautiful , but I dont see the need to spend that sort of money on accom. Hence , we eat out somewhere different every night & go to some of the top restaurants & I do heaps of shopping !! CHEERS

perth
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommendations apartment

Hey chef thanks for your advice

We considered staying there as we have done about 10 years ago before kids.

I didn't think the paths were that good there though which was why we decided against it ?

How did you go pushing a pram around the streets and up the curbs ?

perth
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommendations apartment

We also have heard good things about the padma but would also prefer to send the extra money elsewhere ;-)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommendations apartment

All the paths have been re done in Legian but still probably a pain with a pram. We saw a few with prams in September. Looked ok. Would be really busy though especially trying to get through with a pram