We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heads Up - Virgin Flight Changes -dps to bne

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Topic
Heads Up - Virgin Flight Changes -dps to bne

Hi All,

I have just come across changes to our flights without any notification from Virgin....

They have been changed from Friday morning 00.20am to Thursday night 9.10pm, Everybody double check your tickets cause they have changed most flights I can see.....

Happy Travels :)

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heads Up - Virgin Flight Changes -dps to bne

Many thanks for the heads up ... Virgin had changed my flights and as usual didn't even bother to inform me.

But all sorted now.

Merry Christmas,

Caro

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,272 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heads Up - Virgin Flight Changes -dps to bne

That is so bad. Does it say somewhere when booking that you have to keep an eye on it yourself?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,272 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heads Up - Virgin Flight Changes -dps to bne

I wish they would change mine just by a few hours earlier! But knowing me I will forget to keep an eye on it and miss the plane!

Edited: 21 December 2013, 13:57
Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Heads Up - Virgin Flight Changes -dps to bne

Yes it does say, "Please verify flight times prior to departure" so do it yourself! a simple email or txt is really easy Virgin.

That's all well and good, when on holiday mode...

I actually don't mind the change it will be less waiting at airport, but we would of missed flight without double checking it.

Maroochydore...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Heads Up - Virgin Flight Changes -dps to bne

I called Virgin today for a different question and they said "oh by the way your flight has changed to 4 hours later". I have 2 little kids who are not gonna be happy at 10pm in the departure lounge. I asked why we hadn't been notified and I got a vague answer about not needing to tell you straight away as there is still time before we leave (4 weeks)

The Virgin customer service offered me an earlier flight going via Melbourne ( We need to fly into Brisbane so we would fly right over our house and keep going for about 5 more hours) no thanks Virgin

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,272 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heads Up - Virgin Flight Changes -dps to bne

Pretty bad protocol in my opinion.

7. Re: Heads Up - Virgin Flight Changes -dps to bne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2015, 07:21