We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First trip to Bali

Chico, CA
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
First trip to Bali

I'm planning a 30 day trip to Bali this summer. I'm a 29 year old solo female and would appreciate any tips. I'm trying to keep the trip cheap, but comfortable. I have decided in several days/a week in Ubud and Gili islands. I'm looking for one more base town.

I would like to do some diving or snorkeling, hiking, sightseeing. I would love to see some sea turtles and waterfalls. Really just want to experience Bali. I am not really interested in night life, a night or two, but not looking for anything more.

Planning on finding accommodations when I arrive. Just want a simple room and if it has AC I'm happy. Not looking at resorts.

Any suggestions, especially on a third base town, would be appreciated.

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
Level Contributor
3,632 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First trip to Bali

Seeing as you are going to spend some time in Ubud and the Gilis, I would suggest your third base as either Sanur or Legian. You say you want to see waterfalls, well Ubud is a great base for this as well as for some amazing sightseeing trips in the magnificent countryside and to see breathtaking rice terraces. The Gilis is fabulous for diving, sea turtles and snorkeling, so I think some time in Sanur or Legian may suit your purposes of a night or two out. Sanur is more laid-back and quieter than Legian, but both have the beach, some fabulous restaurants, spas and shopping. If you prefer to stay somewhere even quieter than Sanur or Legian, then maybe Candi Dasa would suit. There's some great sightseeing to be had around this area as well.

2. Re: First trip to Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 December 2013, 07:36
coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
6,681 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First trip to Bali

WarungParadise, self advertising is not permitted on this forum, your post will be deleted

4. Re: First trip to Bali

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 February 2014, 05:05
Perth
Level Contributor
52 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First trip to Bali

You should definitely consider Sanur.....clean, no pressure from street sellers and a great beach.

Australia
Level Contributor
298 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First trip to Bali

Hi hubby and I are doing 30 days as well. one of our picks is a lovely homestay, called puri oka in candidasa, looks sooo relaxing, only has 6 or 7 rooms i think, another is Flashbacks in Sanur,another 9 room homestay type hotel. both are around 50 a night, a/c and brekky included. they both have reviews here on TA which is where i found them. puri oka is on facebook as well,not sure about flashbacks.

7. Re: First trip to Bali

Removed on: 01 March 2014, 08:05
Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: First trip to Bali

if you love diving or snorkeling. Tulamben is nice place to visit.

9. Re: First trip to Bali

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2015, 07:17