We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa on Arrival- Pay in NZD?

Byron Bay, Australia
Level Contributor
679 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Visa on Arrival- Pay in NZD?

Hi, anyone know if we can pay the VOA fee in New Zealand Dollars? And if so, what the charge is?

Cheers

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,946 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa on Arrival- Pay in NZD?

Yes you can pay in NZD but they will only accept notes, no coins. The amount they will actually charge can and will change depending on the exchange rate on the day. To give you an estimate you will be charged approx $32 - $35 NZD. Just ensure you have $40NZD per person ready to hand over and you will get the change back in rupiah.

Byron Bay, Australia
Level Contributor
679 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa on Arrival- Pay in NZD?

Thanks Snookystraveltips!

Much appreciated

aust
Level Contributor
184 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa on Arrival- Pay in NZD?

Hi There-

can you please tell me if it is worth going to the bank today to get USD for the visas for my family? Or is the exchange rate at the VOA desk ok if I pay in AUD...

Also, do I need to pay in USD or rupiah for the exit fees?

thanks

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
Level Contributor
3,618 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa on Arrival- Pay in NZD?

aaa1111 Just pay the visa fee in Australian dollars rather than going to the bank to get $US where you will be charged a commission fee. Also the departure tax is 150,000 rupiah, must be paid in rupiahs!!!

Byron Bay, Australia
Level Contributor
679 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa on Arrival- Pay in NZD?

Jus an update. We arrived on the 2nd Jan into Bali and were NOT able to pay in NZD. Had to go to the ATM and get out some Rupiah to pay for the visa

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa on Arrival- Pay in NZD?

ByronBay01 apart from the issue of paying the visa in nzd

where nz dollars easy to exchange or is it best to take more usd or aus dollars?

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa on Arrival- Pay in NZD?

ByronBay01 apart from the issue of not being able to pay the visa in nzd

where nz dollars easy to exchange over there or is it best to take more usd or aus dollars?

Edited: 29 April 2014, 05:17
8. Re: Visa on Arrival- Pay in NZD?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2015, 07:16