We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direrear prevention for dummies...

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
6,398 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
Direrear prevention for dummies...

Is it ok to take Yakult and red cordial or does one nulify the other?

11. Re: Direrear prevention for dummies...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 January 2014, 09:35
Edited: 10 January 2014, 09:35
Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,458 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Direrear prevention for dummies...

Greg no offence intended - just the naughty little child in me coming to the fore.

Bluvsbali - I say if you think it works do it, no matter what I or anyone else says, myself included.

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
6,398 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Direrear prevention for dummies...

I will be in your neck of the woods very soon Shaz... and bringing my direrear with me!

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,458 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Direrear prevention for dummies...

Cool, I could do with a crash diet plan and a few days off work ;)

Level Contributor
392 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Direrear prevention for dummies...

Hahaha Hoooolia, you have it nailed. This chile loving bule loved your reply - chile all the way ( although it didn't prevent hubby and I suffering from a bad case of something a couple of years ago in Ubud) . It was almost worth it to see how mature our 11yo daughter was in looking after us, ordering herself room service and sharing her delight in 'the best tuna salad I have ever had" by waving her fork of said meal in my face , trying to make me feel better .

16. Re: Direrear prevention for dummies...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 July 2016, 12:12
Melbourne
Level Contributor
318 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Direrear prevention for dummies...

Guava juice has been recommended to stop the dreaded bali belly. On last trip I purchased small tetra packs of guava from Hardy's supermarket in Sanur and drank one each morning before breakfast. Don't know if it was mind of matter but had no problems. They tasted really nice chilled. Wish they were available in Melbourne. Best of luck Greg! Secretly we all found your past diarrhoea recount hilarious. Look forward to reading more of your adventures minus the dreaded bali belly.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,549 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Direrear prevention for dummies...

Hi Greg - I think I see where you're coming from here, mixing acids and alkalines. Sadly I am no chemist. My chemistry lessons at school were spent fathoming the mysteries of making stink bombs using hydrochloric acid and iron filings, or trying not to burn my eyebrows off with the bunsen burner. However, be aware that a bottle of Yakult contains only about half the dose of probiotic bacteria that a probiotic supplement (tablet/capsule) would contain, as well as 10% of your recommended daily sugar intake. If you add this sugar intake to the amount of sugar in red cordial, I think that one of the effects of mixing the two would be that eventually your mates would end up calling you Gummy and you'd start to post about tooth implants from Dr Sucipto. You may even develop a toothless whistle when you speak, and start using the word "Varmint".

Edited: 10 January 2014, 12:29
Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
6,398 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Direrear prevention for dummies...

Yes HNB, mixing live good bacteria with acidic juice? How do I eat my viddels wif no teef?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
5,028 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Direrear prevention for dummies...

Hey Shut Up,

Diarrhea in man is not a disease in itself but rather a symptom that something is wrong with your health. This could be a minor problem or could signify a more serious illness.

Like humans, many cats or kittens may suffer from an acute bout of diarrhea. The meaning of 'acute' is that it comes on suddenly but will not last longer that a few days or maybe up to a week or so. If your cat or kitten is well and is eating, playing and generally looking well and has no other symptoms other than a loose bowel motion every so often then there is probably no cause for immediate alarm. The cause may well be a change in diet.

In conclusion if symptoms persist, you should see your local Vet :>))

Cheers Mac